Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-06-2023, 11:58 AM   #1
AndyG
AndyG began at the beginning.

Device: 505, Kindle DX
ePub -> PDF Problem - Losing Hyperlinks

Hi,

When I add the following custom CSS styling (to the "Look and Feel" section of the conversion dialog):

Code:
body {
  column-count: 2;
  column-gap: 1cm;
}
... the hyperlinks in the resulting PDF are stripped. Is this a bug possibly, or do I need to add something to my CSS code to preserve them?

Thanks in advance,
Andy
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 09:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If its a bug its a bug in chromium which is what calibre uses for conversion to PDF so there's not much chance of it being fixed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2023, 05:00 AM   #3
AndyG

Understood, thank you for the reply.
Old 11-07-2023, 08:22 AM   #4
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
Hi,

When I add the following custom CSS styling (to the "Look and Feel" section of the conversion dialog):

Code:
body {
  column-count: 2;
  column-gap: 1cm;
}
... the hyperlinks in the resulting PDF are stripped. Is this a bug possibly, or do I need to add something to my CSS code to preserve them?

Thanks in advance,
Andy
For what it's worth, I've tested that neat CSS on two books with hyperlinks, converting fom EPUB to PDF, and the links were preserved... (running Calibre version 6.99.2)

By the way, it would be so nice if we could store those custom CSS in different profiles, similarly to color schemes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2023-11-07, 10_15_53.png
Views:	33
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	204622  
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 02:32 AM   #5
AndyG

Thanks, I’ve since found that it is intermittent, although it very often (four out of five say) fails with two columns, and has never yet failed with one. Very odd. I’ve also found, more seriously, occasional missing pages (roughly a page missing at the end of a chapter, every 20 or 30 pages) when the two column style is applied, which makes it useless of course.
Advert