Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-20 um 00.34.12.png
Views:	82
Size:	820.2 KB
ID:	203872  
Rojaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 07:07 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
In the file index_split_005.html can you copy the code on line 33 and paste it here.
Thanks.

Any reason for using .tiff images? They can be quite a large file size.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2023, 07:14 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
TIFF is not one of the core media formats supported by EPUB. If you use an unsupported media file you are supposed to also include a fallback image in a supported format for those reading devices that do not support TIFF.

It is best to stick with the supported image formats: gif, jpeg, png, svg, and webp.

Last edited by jhowell; 09-19-2023 at 07:18 PM.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 01:37 AM   #4
Rojaros
Rojaros began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks for your replies. I copied the error message. Here it is:

FEHLER (RSC-032) in "UrknallEPUB RAW V.1.11 mit JPG - R Montheureux.epub/index_split_005.html" (Zeile 33, Zeichen 112):
Fallback must be provided for foreign resources, but found none for resource "images/image-10.tiff" of type "image/tiff".

I don't understand why it is showing that I have used tiff images, because I have imported the tiffs into Pictures app (Mac) and exported them as jpgs which I pasted into the Word document, from which the EPUB was made using the newest Calibre Mac version.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:23 AM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojaros View Post
I copied the error message. Here it is:
We didn't want the error message, we already saw that in your screenshot.

Go to this file in your epub... index_split_005.html" (Zeile 33, Zeichen 112)
Copy Line 33 into your post here. (I assume Zeile 33 = Line 33)
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2023, 04:58 AM   #6
Rojaros
Rojaros began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Sorry, I'm totally new to this EPUB stuff.

But I could resolve the problem 'by hand'

- removed all pics from my Word file.
- entered them again taking care that no one is wider than 1400px

No more error complaints in EPUB Checker.

Thanks for the hit with the tiff. They must have been buried somewhere underneath.