Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 07-25-2023, 08:52 PM   #1
Polgs
Polgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: none
Stop Content Server [127.0.0.1, port 8080, HTTP]

Running calibre on a Mac.
I am trying to access the calibre content server from my iPad. I start the content server and I can access the server from a browser on the Mac at 127.0.0.1:8080.
However, I cannot access the server from an external device because when I look at the content server address, it shows as 127.0.0.1. Here is what I see in the Connect/Share button:
`Stop Content Server [127.0.0.1, port 8080, HTTP]`
Polgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 09:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What release #.## of Calibre?
What type of internet connection? (Cat5 or WiFi)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2023, 09:27 PM   #3
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
maybe check what you have in this setting:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2023-07-25, 22_25_15.png
Views:	87
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	202823  
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 02:27 AM   #4
Polgs
Polgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a TexanPolgs might easily be mistaken for a Texan

6.23.0 Wi-Fi
Old 07-26-2023, 02:57 AM   #5
Polgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
maybe check what you have in this setting:
I can't see that page on my calibre. Here's the closest that I can find. This is after I have started the server.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 4.36.51 pm.png
Views:	76
Size:	597.7 KB
ID:	202824  
Advert
Old 07-26-2023, 03:05 AM   #6
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polgs View Post
I can't see that page on my calibre. Here's the closest that I can find. This is after I have started the server.
it's on the advanced tab, at the end of the list of options
Old 07-26-2023, 07:30 AM   #7
Polgs

Either we are running different flavours of calibre or I'm missing something but here's the Preferences page from where I click on "Sharing over the net" to get the screen shot that I showed previously. I can't see where the screen shot that you posted is. (I am getting old, so I might just be missing it)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 5.37.11 pm.png
Views:	54
Size:	582.1 KB
ID:	202827  
Old 07-26-2023, 09:05 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 4.36.51 pm.png
Views:	71
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	202828  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 10:22 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Here.
and then here: (Hover over value for context help)
IIRC there is also a Tweak for when your server has multiple network ports (in use)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Server IP.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	202833  
Old 07-26-2023, 10:46 PM   #10
Comfy.n

recent fix, possibly related:

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...15cc451ef30b25
Old 07-27-2023, 08:01 AM   #11
Polgs

Thank you all for your assistance.
I did find the field you pointed me to and it had 0.0.0.0 in it so I changed it to :: but I still had the same result.

I then tried turning off my VPN and restarting calibre and it worked as it was supposed to. I can now access the content server from my home network and the internet.

So, on my system, the content server only works with external devices if my VPN is turned off.
Old 07-27-2023, 10:26 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

v P n
It makes your PC private to the outside, unless they also tunnel thru the public side of your network.

I had VPN routers that could make my whole house the Private network. Locally, it appeared normal.