Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-05-2023, 07:32 PM   #1
lukey385
lukey385 began at the beginning.

Device: Apple Ipad
Calibre not working on Headless Computer

Hello Everyone I have my Calibre Server setup and seems to be working properly. However, the computer I am using is running headless I access it via Remote Desktop. Once I log out however the Calibre Server shuts down. I could use a service wrapper such as NSSM my question is if anyone has had this issue and what was your workaround. Thanks for any input anyone may have!
lukey385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:36 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I had one program that needed to be run as a user. My final solution was that I didn't log out, I just closed the RDP session.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2023, 07:38 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I thought RDC had a server setting on what to do when disconnected.

(I suspect DNSB has that set up , to just leave the session running)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:38 PM   #4
lukey385

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I had one program that needed to be run as a user. My final solution was that I didn't log out, I just closed the RDP session.
The problem is as soon as I close the RDP Session about 5 minutes later the server shuts down.
Old 06-05-2023, 07:42 PM   #5
lukey385

@theducks I think you are right I stated looking that up turns out there is a way to do this although if possible I would like to avoid it. If all else fails I will resort to doing that. I am currently testing running the server using NSSM.
Advert
Old 06-05-2023, 08:13 PM   #6
lukey385

It looks as though I am unable to run Calibre with NSSM due to some kind of dependency I assume. I tried it and it acts as though it's running however it's not reachable even locally. I am going to follow the suggestions and set up RDP to keep me logged in. It would be nice if Calibre would start supporting running as a Windows Service natively perhaps a good idea for a future Update?