Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-01-2023, 11:59 PM   #1
aob1
aob1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Issues with naming of news downloads when "Preferred output format" is set to Kepub

I have both calibre and calibre-web instances running. My preferred output format is set to Kepub so that books autoconvert in calibre, and then are sync'd via calibre-web straight to my kobo. All working really well.

However, when I download my news sources the title and cover details are lost and replaced by "xxxxxxx recipe out" but only for Kepub. All other default formats I've tried (PDF, MOBI, AZW3 etc) seem to have no problem and retain the cover and the correct title.

Any thoughts as to where to start troubleshooting this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dyhu4unoy2fa1.png
Views:	90
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	199398  
aob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 04:40 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aob1 View Post
I have both calibre and calibre-web instances running. My preferred output format is set to Kepub so that books autoconvert in calibre, and then are sync'd via calibre-web straight to my kobo. All working really well.

However, when I download my news sources the title and cover details are lost and replaced by "xxxxxxx recipe out" but only for Kepub. All other default formats I've tried (PDF, MOBI, AZW3 etc) seem to have no problem and retain the cover and the correct title.

Any thoughts as to where to start troubleshooting this one?
You aren't doing it correctly. Let the KoboTouchExtended driver convert the ePub to KePub on the fly as you send the eBook to your Kobo. Converting like you are doing is not working.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2023, 07:52 AM   #3
aob1

Thanks, but yes I am doing it correctly. The only issue I have is as mentioned above with recipe naming.

I don't have to "send" the ebook to my Kobo. I don't even plug my Kobo in. The beauty of calibre-web is it automatically syncs via wifi straight from the calibre database.
Old 02-02-2023, 07:55 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, but yes I am doing it correctly. The only issue I have is as mentioned above with recipe naming.

I don't have to "send" the ebook to my Kobo. I don't even plug my Kobo in. The beauty of calibre-web is it automatically syncs via wifi straight from the calibre database.
Just give the KoboTouchExtended driver a go and see the results you get. In case it is the way you are doing it that's not working.
Old 02-02-2023, 02:43 PM   #5
aob1

Thanks for your input, but it's not answerig the question I have posted
Advert
Old 02-02-2023, 04:19 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thanks for your input, but it's not answerig the question I have posted
I would have thought you'd not mind giving a different way of getting KePub a try to see if how you are doing it is the problem or not.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:10 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Have you installed the kepub metadata reader plugin and is it functional?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 09:41 PM   #8
aob1

No I hadn't. Now I have and it's working as expected.
Thanks for the pointer Kovid, much appreciated!