Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-07-2022, 11:04 AM   #1
c138Rick
c138Rick began at the beginning.

Device: android smartphone
Lightbulb [Enhancement] hope desktop client can access remote calibre server

Thanks for the awesome software! And sorry for my poor English...

I hope to use desktop client instead of web interface on desktop computer to access a remote calibre server. Because there are many features not supported in web interface, but supported in desktop client (or maybe called main program). And I also think the web interface is not suitable enough on desktop computer, even though it is perfect on smartphone.
c138Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 11:34 AM   #2
c138Rick
c138Rick began at the beginning.

Device: android smartphone
The last sentence I said above means that it seems like web interface is designed for device with small screen, it doesn't suitable enough for desktop computer with larger screen.
c138Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2022, 11:53 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid there are no plans for this. You can instead run the server from inside the main program.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote