Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2022, 08:44 AM   #1
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Kobo Nickel css styles

I'm currently trying to figure out why .kepub's generated by KCC do not support bookmarking/annotations and it seems to be related to the various css classes and other document properties.

Eg: Adding span's around images with the class "koboSpan" and dropping pre-paginated meta property enables full functionality, but that brings with it another downside: no full screen images, there is always a margin applied.

Does anyone know where I can actually find information on these kobo classes?
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:11 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Because KCC does not, actually, generate KePubs, it just renames the epub to get it to be opened by the KePub renderer instead of ADE, but it doesn't actually enable any of the KePub features.

Run the file through kepubify or the appropriate Calibre plugin instead.

Sidebar: if this is pure image content, you'll be better of with a CBZ (which... I think are supported natively by Nickel? [Don't quote me on that ;p]).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-02-2022 at 08:53 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2022, 04:37 PM   #3
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Because KCC does not, actually, generate KePubs, it just renames the epub to get it to be opened by the KePub renderer instead of ADE, but it doesn't actually enable any of the KePub features.

Run the file through kepubgen or the appropriate Calibre plugin instead.

Sidebar: if this is pure image content, you'll be better of with a CBZ (which... I think are supported natively by Nickel? [Don't quote me on that ;p]).
That's what I did as a test, I created a very simple .cbz (2 pages only) to figure out the differences, but I can't figure out how to get the .kepub generated by Calibre to display in Full Screen and as far as I can tell it's related to the css class "KoboSpan". Since I have no idea what's in that class (no stylesheets to look at) I can't think of a way to resolve this.

I actually modified my local KCC copy to match the output of the Calibre plug-in and it actually works identical to the files generated by Calibre, bookmarks work. double tap to zoom, even the stylus, I just can't get them to display full screen without that border.

What is kepubgen? A quick duckduckgo resulted in zero hits.
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:14 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Try kepubify instead of kepubgen.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:53 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oops, my bad, thanks for the correction .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert