Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-21-2022, 01:59 PM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
"No progress found for this document"

When I saw that my Sage was down to 5%, I pushed progress from it. After logging into the server, I selected "push" again, and saw the message "progress has been pushed from this device". I then powered the device down and powered on my H2O. After starting KOReader, I found the book I was reading, logged into the progress server and selected "pull progress from other devices". I have now received the message shown in the subject line a total of 4 times. What am I doing wrong THIS time?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 02:18 PM   #2
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In case it was simply a matter of giving the server time to update, I just tried again now and got a different message "latest progress is coming from this device". Since on "this device" the book is open to the cover page while the progress reported as pushed from the Sage was chapter 22 or 23, this latest message does not appear to make much sense
Advert
Old 07-21-2022, 04:17 PM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Are those the exactly same file (i.e: md5sum or sha256sum produce the same hash)

If not the sync server won't work and the result you got came from your 2nd book sync (1st page) while your 1st book progress was never synced.

If you use calibre to push books to your devices please double check because, by default, calibre stores some settings inside epubs making those different books for the sync server
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:34 PM   #4
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Are those the exactly same file (i.e: md5sum or sha256sum produce the same hash)

If not the sync server won't work and the result you got came from your 2nd book sync (1st page) while your 1st book progress was never synced.

If you use calibre to push books to your devices please double check because, by default, calibre stores some settings inside epubs making those different books for the sync server

Thanks. I did wonder about that possibility. I tried GetFileHash in PowerShell, but it choked on all the spaces in the filename, so I'm guessing that I'll just have to go back to manual syncing with a wetware server