Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-23-2021, 01:36 AM   #1
toxteth
toxteth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Modified date for entire database is updating

A few months ago, I noticed that the Modified date for every book in my database is updating to today's date. Needless to say, I'm not modifying 1200 books every time I open the program. Did something change with the software? Or is something happening with my computer (Windows) that is causing the problem? I'd love to find a solution.
toxteth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:51 AM   #2
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
There are certain operations that update the modified date for all books. e.g. adding a new custom column.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2021, 06:09 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Just performing the Library Maintenance task, will trigger that Library Wide.
Capink list some of the others.
Note: the MDE is not the only place to make changes that ripple thru multiple Metadata.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote