Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 12:05 PM   #1
hairybiker
Banned
hairybiker began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Post Tolino Shine 3 collections?

Anybody managed to get collections via Calibre?
I am coming form a Kobo and was used to just sending the books via a plugboard, but the same trick doesn't work on the Shine 3.
I have a custom column I would like to add to a collection or failing that just the series, at the moment the collections seem to be only on Author.
hairybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:51 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Tolino's use two methods for collections. One is directory based. The subdirectories of the "Books" folder will be shown as collections with whatever books are in them. These can be created with the save template in the driver. If you have collections for authors, it probably means you have the default save template, which is something like:
Code:
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
I have:
Code:
{#kobobookshelves}/{author_sort} - {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
Where "#kobobookshelves" is a custom column with the names of collections I use. That one is manually maintained.

The other type of collections are created on the device. These are stored somewhere that is not accessible when the device is connected to a PC. That means that we cannot see or change them by other methods.

Last edited by davidfor; 08-20-2020 at 08:59 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert