Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-15-2020, 04:18 PM   #1
snowreg
snowreg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5 / Touch (2012) [B011] | Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015) [G090]
Could books (in collections) visible only in collections?

Hello,

I have a Kindle 5 / Touch (2012) [B011].
Jailbreak

I manage the collections with the Calibre Plugin.

IS there a way that a book present in a collection will be visible only in the collection.

So when I look my list of books on my Kindle, I see only collections and books that are not included in a collection.

Thank you in advance.
snowreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:53 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Correct. Wish Kobo was this way ugh
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowreg View Post
Hello,

I have a Kindle 5 / Touch (2012) [B011].
Jailbreak

I manage the collections with the Calibre Plugin.

IS there a way that a book present in a collection will be visible only in the collection.

So when I look my list of books on my Kindle, I see only collections and books that are not included in a collection.

Thank you in advance.
Sort by collection.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Correct. Wish Kobo was this way ugh
Interesting. When you look at the Collections tab on your Kobo, it shows you books and not collections? Please note that is the Collections tab, not the Books, Author or Series tabs.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:42 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Interesting. When you look at the Collections tab on your Kobo, it shows you books and not collections? Please note that is the Collections tab, not the Books, Author or Series tabs.
What the person is asking for is a way to look at the book list and *only* see books that are not in collections. This can be done on a Kindle if you sort the list by collections. It will show the collections first, then all of the books that are not in collections.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2020, 12:59 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
What the person is asking for is a way to look at the book list and *only* see books that are not in collections. This can be done on a Kindle if you sort the list by collections. It will show the collections first, then all of the books that are not in collections.

Shari
Does it also show books that are in multiple collections?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:20 PM   #7
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Does it also show books that are in multiple collections?
On a web page, on "contents and devices", yes - it shows how many collections a book is in.

On the Kindle, only by selecting "add to collection" where you can see what is already checked. However, the book will show up IN each collection, when you open the collection.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:52 PM   #8
snowreg
snowreg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5 / Touch (2012) [B011] | Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015) [G090]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Sort by collection.

Shari
Hello,

Sorry I hadn't a notification that I got replies.

When I sort by collection.
First are displayed collections and in the next pages are displayed the books.
Not only the ones that are not in any collection, but also the ones that are in a collection.

I would like that books included in a collection will not be listed with the books that are not in a collection
snowreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:35 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowreg View Post
Hello,

Sorry I hadn't a notification that I got replies.

When I sort by collection.
First are displayed collections and in the next pages are displayed the books.
Not only the ones that are not in any collection, but also the ones that are in a collection.

I would like that books included in a collection will not be listed with the books that are not in a collection
Those settings SHOULD give you exactly what you say you want. A display of collections, and then books that are not in any collection. You shouldn't see books that are in a collection until you click INTO each collection.

Let's double check all the settings:
DOWNLOADED (not all)
FILTER - none selected. If one is, press it again to unselect all of them.
SORT- LIST (dunno if that matters)
- COLLECTION

You have those settings, but are still seeing the books that ought to be hidden inside a collection??? And my firmware is 5.13.1 in case that affects it.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:02 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
For collections to show in the Sort menu, you have to ‘download’ one or more of them. At that point they show up mixed in with books, even when Sort is not set to Collections, which I call ‘clutter’. And when Sort is by Collections, you see the collections and then books (it makes no sense but that’s the way it works). This design pre-dates Cloud Collections, and I guess they felt it would disturb people to change anything.

The way to see collections by themselves is to set Filter to Collections (it is way at the bottom of the Filter options, so you will probably need to swipe to get to it).

I don’t download collections, myself, because of the ‘clutter’ I mention above. They’re still fully ‘there’ and functional: you can Add/Remove from anywhere, and use Filter=Collections if you really need to do more with them.

IMO, they should (more or less) copy the iOS and Android app: change Sort menu to ambiguous up/down arrow icon, have View option toggle between Grid/List/Collections, and Sort options that toggle between Recent/Title/Author/Publication Date. Remove it from Filters. Makes NO sense to have ‘sort by collection’.

iOS implementation is weak once you open a collection however, you cannot change the order or add new items. Android is better in this respect.

Last edited by tomsem; 08-24-2020 at 09:25 PM.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote