Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-20-2016, 05:38 PM   #1
Klerelo
Klerelo began at the beginning.

Device: reMarkable, Sony DPT-S1, Nook Glowlight Plus, Kobo Aura H2O and One
[Nook Glowlight Plus] Reading Foreign Characters?

I have issues displaying foreign characters on my Nook, especially Korean hangul and Chinese... Any advice?

I wanted to read some language learning methods epubs and it is quite frustrating not to have the characters displayed.

Thanks!
Klerelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:23 AM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
The Nook has a limited alphabet, I believe it's just a Latin and possibly Slavic with little to no support for Chinese and Korean characters.

It may be possible, though I am skeptical, to add support if you root your NGP. You would have better luck asking in the developer forum for Nook on this site, or over on XDA's Nook hacking forum.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2016, 02:51 AM   #3
verge-36
verge-36 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
You can enable adb from settings and install another reader app(moonreader etc. ) through adb interface(adb install asd.apk)I believe rooting is not necessary if you don't need foreign letters on standart nook reader.
verge-36 is offline   Reply With Quote