Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-18-2016, 03:27 AM   #1
seanny_crow
seanny_crow began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
Calibre Companion can't connect since last Calibre update

Hi fellow calibre users,

I am using Calibre on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with an ASUS MemoPad10 as connecting device and since the last update to 2.51 I cannot connect with Calibre Companion, and it use to work everytime (since two or three updates back had to enter the IP and port for it to work though) but now it fails every time, whether I try auto connect or with fixed IP and port.
It looks as if it connects but then on "Waiting for calibre" it stops and display the "not connected" text box as if the wrong IP was entered (whether on auto connect or if an IP has actually been entered).

UPDATE: ok so this has to be device related: I also have CC installed on my phone, a Samsung Galaxy Tab with Android 4.2.2 and the same CC version (4.3.4.4) and it can connect to calibre (auto connect, no fixed ip/port) but my memopad with the same android version (4.2.2) and cc settings can't. This is weird, they are on the same wifi network, with the same settings, and the connection did work before the update...

UPDATE 2: If I put a password on the connection, when I try to connect with my tablet it asks for the password but then does the same error "not connected", so it does connect since it sees there is a password to enter...
seanny_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:33 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I assume you are the person who asked on the calibre bug forum...

We will need a CC debug log from the failing device and a calibre debug log from your linux device. See our FAQ answer How do I get help? Please erase the multipie email address, as you are dealing directly with me (the other address). Either post the calibre log here (in SPOILER tags) or send it to the same email address as the CC debug log.

Just a guess: I suspect that the problem is caused by a corrupted device cache on the calibre machine. The debug logs should help determine if this is the case.

Oh, and by any chance have you installed any "security software" on the memopad?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert