Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #1
ferretman
ferretman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Android Dictionary App

Hi Just been given a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, for me to use just as an ebook reader.

I've loaded FBReader and it works fine.

Am looking for a free english dictionary, that will allow me to look up certain words as I read, just by tapping or highlighting the word. ( just like on the paperwhite.)

Most of the one's I've seen, requires the word to be typed in to a box etc.

Is there an app that will allow me to use a look up dictionary in this way.

Thanks
ferretman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
It depends on the reader app.
Most readings Apps (Moonreader, Coolreader, FBReader, Alreader ...) are supporting the following dictionary apps:
GoldenDict, Colordict, Fora Dictionary and others.
Free dictionaries for those apps can be found on the web (from legal sources and others).
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert