Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-26-2014, 07:00 AM   #1
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Calibre Search

May be wrong but I am sure the latest version of Calibre (2.14) now inserts '=' before a search say, for an author.
If I type in 'Title/Author/Series Search' author 'McDermott' it finds no authors of that name. On the top line it shows: author:"=McDermott"
If the '=' is removed then ALL authors with McDermott in name appear.

Am I missing an adjustment to correct this? Am I correct? If so it is a pain and has changed in this latest version.

Cheers

mitch13
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
As far as I know the search syntax has not changed for a long time.

The presence of '=' in a search term means exact match, while its absence means 'contains'. Also if you want to use search on authors then it is essential that the ':' at the end is present - without it what you type Is treated as a search string and not an identifier type.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you do not specify a search field
fieldname:
You get ALL or the fields limited to those custom set in the Preferences:Searching
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:04 AM   #4
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Thanks people. Loaded Calibre this afternoon and back to normal. Must have been something I altered briefly yesterday!!

Cheers

mitch13
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote