Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-10-2014, 12:08 AM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Nook Glowlight spontaneous factory reset

My wife went to use her Nook Glowlight just a few minutes ago, and it appears the unit has factory reset itself.

She just went through the setup wizard and had to get on wifi and register the device with B&N.

Has this happened to anyone else?
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
sdow1
Connoisseur
sdow1 began at the beginning.

Device: nook, ipad
this happened to me as well - just went to read my book (hadn't opened my nook in a few days, so it's possible that it actually happened at the same time as your wife), and I had to go through the setup wizard, and all of my side loaded books had disappeared from the device. It's also reset to 1.3.0 although it had previously updated to 1.3.1.

I wasn't home and luckily there was a TWCwifi network accessible so that I could re-register the device to even figure out what was going on.
sdow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
I had this happen to me. It happened to me just last week while in Vegas which is annoying as it is hard to get a glowlight on the Internet in Vegas.
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote