Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
bobbert1234
bobbert1234 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy tab 10.1
Cannot start wireless device connection

When I try to start wireless device connection (for connection to calibre companion) I get:

Indexerror: list assignment out of range.

This has just begun to happen ofter over a year with no trouble. I have tired repairing the install but this did not help. I have tried disabling firewall and antivirus, again no luck.

Does anybody have a suggestion? I incluse a more detailed error message below.

Thanks in advance for any help.

calibre, version 1.39.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list assignment index out of range

calibre 1.39 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\smartdevice.py", line 142, in accept
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 648, in start_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 641, in _call_request
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1851, in start_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1741, in startup_on_demand
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1870, in set_option
IndexError: list assignment index out of range
bobbert1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
This was fixed around 12 hours after the original calibre 1.39 was released. Download and install calibre 1.39 again and you will be fine.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
bobbert1234
bobbert1234 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy tab 10.1
Many thanks for this swift response, I really appreciate it.

Because the installer version number had not changed I (falsely) assume that I could use the installer I had saved locally.

A small hiccup like this really brings home to me what a valuable part of my life Calibre and Calibre Companion are.

Thanks once again for all your fine work
bobbert1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I just started getting this exact same error on v1.40.0. Can't remember if I've used the wireless device connection since upgrading to 1.40.0 or not.
Spoiler:
Code:
calibre, version 1.39.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list assignment index out of range

calibre 1.39  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'Vista', '6.0.6002')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('Vista', '6.0.6002', 'SP2', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\smartdevice.py", line 142, in accept
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 648, in start_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 641, in _call_request
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 1851, in start_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 1741, in startup_on_demand
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 1870, in set_option
IndexError: list assignment index out of range

Is there a similar "just re-download 1.40.0 and re-install" known solution?

EDIT: Never mind. I'm an idiot. I'm apparently still using the "bad" 1.39.0 version on this PC.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-18-2014 at 04:16 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote