Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
[CC] External SD card usage

I have a Galaxy S2 phone and use Aldiko and Kindle as my readers, with library management done using Caibre2/Calibre Companion.

My problem is that my phones internal storage is now overflowing and I badly need to free up space.

I can't find a way to make Calibre send files to my External SD Card

Any advise gratefully received (well most LOL)
Fred Bloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
I have a Galaxy S2 phone and use Aldiko and Kindle as my readers, with library management done using Caibre2/Calibre Companion.

My problem is that my phones internal storage is now overflowing and I badly need to free up space.

Any advise gratefully received (well most LOL)
CC has a setting where it keeps books. Change it. (FWIW Calibre will always call this 'Main')
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
Calibre Companion.
...~~~...
As theducks states you tell Calibre Companion where to place the books using the settings menu in CC on your phone not by changing a setting in calibre. Check out this section of the CC FAQ for direct guidance.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I am a bit confused with what you are doing are you sending books using calibre companion to your phone or using a usb cable.
If with calibre companion then with root you can use an app like foldermount it will make the android os and calibre companion see external sd or a folder in external sd as a folder in internal sd card.
And if you are using usb cable just send books to the external card once you have set the foldermount to emulate it in internal when you open calibre companion you will see the files as usual.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:09 AM   #5
Fred Bloggs
Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fred Bloggs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Sorry Guys, I should have been more specific.

I am using cc and when I try to change the default location in cc settings from
/storage/sdcard0/Calibre_Companion/..... to /storage/extSdCard/.... it will not allow me to navigate past /storage/sdcard0.

I do not have/want a rooted phone as I do not have the required skills to root it anyway

Fred
Fred Bloggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Specify the path manually.

I can change /storage/sdcard0 to /storage/sdcard1 without problem, and navigate from there.

But unfortunately my device doesn't allow me anything but read only access there. So it is of limited use.

I use sdcard1 for other types of media that I transfer using Nexus Media Importer, or via a separate cardreader.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Did you review the FAQ I link to previously?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote