Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
zorah
Enthusiast
zorah is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad; iPhone; Asus T91MT; Kindle Touch
FAIL: Nook Book won't download

Got an e-book from B&N and it shows in my library, but refuses to download. Says Error: Could not download this product: Download failed. I deleted and re-installed the Nook app, but still no good. I have an e-mail into B&N. In the meantime, any ideas?
zorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Something similar happened to me once. I finally got the book like 2 days later.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
zorah
Enthusiast

Well-then I have until tomorrow to see, right? I'll keep trying, and I'm still waiting on a reply and will send another one along too.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
zorah
Enthusiast

Support was worthless. They told me to do everything I've already done and what I'd already said I had done. So fine, I did it again, signed out of the app, went back in, FAIL. Deleted the app, re-installed, signed back in. FAIL. So they have another e-mail. They tell me it's already in my library, and I'm like, DUH, I wrote that it's in my library, yes, but it's not DOWNLOADING from there to actually READ it and that I had already tried a re-install of the app, etc.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorah View Post
Support was worthless. They told me to do everything I've already done and what I'd already said I had done. So fine, I did it again, signed out of the app, went back in, FAIL. Deleted the app, re-installed, signed back in. FAIL. So they have another e-mail. They tell me it's already in my library, and I'm like, DUH, I wrote that it's in my library, yes, but it's not DOWNLOADING from there to actually READ it and that I had already tried a re-install of the app, etc.
Ouch, glad I just said screw it and waited. More reason I don't bother with Nook books. When I was Googled my issue I found a ton of results of people complaining about the same thing. If it's happening that often you would think they would fix it.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
zorah
Enthusiast

Indeed! You'd think so! And if I had an actual Nook device, I'd be even more annoyed! Well, guess I'll see if your luck works and it downloads, but it will likely be my last book I'm getting via Nook for quite some time. I'd have gotten it with Kindle if it were available, but it wasn't, nor on iBooks. So it was like cool: Nook has it. Well, they do, just not to on MY iPad right now!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #7
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
I had this happen to me with all my books on the last upgrade. It turned out I had not bought a book for a long time and the credit card B&N had was no longer valid. They check and will not download books in this configuration.
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #8
zorah
Enthusiast

Thanks all, including the credit card update. Credit card was up to date and not the issue, but good to watch for. Turns out-there is a problem with the content and the support team has to fix it which will take a few days. So they acknowledge there's a technical issue and I'll wait for it to be corrected. At least the next person looked into it further and payed close enough attention to what I wrote. Sometimes it just takes getting someone else-tends to be a common customer service theme, eh? I can deal with the wait-things have problems some time. It's just frustrating to get the stock answer when the first person didn't bother reading closely enough, so you just hope to get a better one on the second try.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #9
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Do you have the Nook app on your computer and if so, have you tried downloading it to that and seeing if it would open? That way you could see if there really is something wrong with the book itself. Which book is it?

When this has happened to me on my iPod what works is to just turn off the iPOD and then turn it back on.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
zorah
Enthusiast

Thanks NightBird. I have a Mac, and the Nook app won't work with my "version". I have Leopard. Whatever. I'll give it a whirl in a few days and see.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Deleted

Last edited by NightBird; 08-10-2011 at 09:58 PM.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
I usually just email it to myself and double tap the D/L....Voila its in Ibooks...
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote