Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
Kindle for Android in 2 page mode

I'm playing with a brand new Android tablet (upgraded from Nook) and am looking for a good e-reader app. I like the Nook app, but also have books on Kindle. Is it possible to read on the Kindle app in 2 page (book) mode?
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
No.

I do like the nook app for android in 2 page mode and haven't found a better one that suits my tastes.

Others that have 2 page mode that I've tried include coolreader, aldiko and ASUS' MyLibrary (on my transformer tablet).

I liked moon+ reader, but it ( hint hint) doesn't currently have a 2 page mode...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
My problem with the Nook app is the the books I sideload are in "My Files" and not with the rest of my B&N books. Also I can't seem to get the cover artwork to show up on the Nook.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
My problem with the Nook app is the the books I sideload are in "My Files" and not with the rest of my B&N books. Also I can't seem to get the cover artwork to show up on the Nook.
Unfortunately, I think that is "by design". They purposely would like you to stick with store bought ebooks...

I read before that there is a way to have the ebook cover to show on sideloaded ebooks... just add your own cover thumbnail image and ensure the filename is the same as the ebook (without any .epub extension) but with a '.jpg' extension. I haven't tried it though.

On my Transformer tablet, the app is a bit buggy and it will sometimes "forget" the ebooks in "MyDocuments" and nothing but a "clear data" will allow the app to "see" them again as sideloaded ebooks. They are always there and don't disappear, just the app's internal database gets "amnesia" ...

That said, I can still use the app and especially like the hyperlinks/endnotes support and that 2 page mode!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote