Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
TrvlrsChick
Enthusiast
TrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook STR
Thumbs up Oberon is going to do covers for the STR!

Oberon just made my day. They're going to make covers for the STR after all! Apparently all the nagging worked. I hope they do the Cloud Dragon one, I want one in red!

Also, my "buying another cover to hold me over" mojo worked. BOught another cover on Etsy, and BAM! Oberon makes covers for the STR.
TrvlrsChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Finally! I can buy my wife a nook Simple Touch! I don't see what the big deal was on their part. They don't keep an inventory. They make each case on-demand, so all it costs them is some time and the leather to make a prototype.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Emmaleigh
Enthusiast
Emmaleigh began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
Here's to hoping they can make it as thin as possible, as I love the small form-factor of the STR.
Emmaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
wow, those will last longer than the device.
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
wow these covers are ridiculously awesome. i never looked at them before.
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

I got my wife the nook 1e case. I think she loves the case more than the nook.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
Finally! I can buy my wife a nook Simple Touch! I don't see what the big deal was on their part. They don't keep an inventory. They make each case on-demand, so all it costs them is some time and the leather to make a prototype.
Apparently they need special very expensive equipment to make these to fit different devices. They are a very small, family owned company and had to make sure there was enough demand before deciding to make covers and/or sleeves for them. This info comes from the Oberon representative on their Facebook page. So even though each order is made for you and they don't keep inventory, there is still a lot of work to design a new cover and get the right machinery to do it. I, for one, am thrilled as I've been badgering them since I pre-ordered my STR the day after they announced them. I have a sleeve and a cover for my Kindle 3 and bought covers for both of my daughters for their Nook 1e's and the quality and beauty of Oberon covers and sleeves is amazing.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #8
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
I got my wife the nook 1e case. I think she loves the case more than the nook.
Hehe. I can understand that. I've looked and looked and honestly I never found anything that comes close.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
apastuszak
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
Apparently they need special very expensive equipment to make these to fit different devices. They are a very small, family owned company and had to make sure there was enough demand before deciding to make covers and/or sleeves for them. This info comes from the Oberon representative on their Facebook page. So even though each order is made for you and they don't keep inventory, there is still a lot of work to design a new cover and get the right machinery to do it. I, for one, am thrilled as I've been badgering them since I pre-ordered my STR the day after they announced them. I have a sleeve and a cover for my Kindle 3 and bought covers for both of my daughters for their Nook 1e's and the quality and beauty of Oberon covers and sleeves is amazing.
All good information to know. I have been sending them emails since the STR was announced. So, I guess I have to buy a case now no matter what. :-)
Old 06-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #10
apastuszak
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
Hehe. I can understand that. I've looked and looked and honestly I never found anything that comes close.
I have a Kindle and bought the Kindle lighted cover, which I thought was awesome. Now I am really wishing I knew about the Oberon Design covers sooner.

I think the worst part about the covers is the fact they they will probably outlast the ereader you own.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Oh no!! It means I will probably have to buy a Nook as I wanted another Oberon cover so badly but have to have a new reader for it...
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #12
Emmaleigh
Enthusiast
Emmaleigh began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
I am wondering if the STR would fit into the small sleeve as the large sleeve seems awfully large.
Emmaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:04 AM   #13
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
After they spend the money to purchase an STR, it takes a lot more than "a little time and leather."

Sheesh.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:32 AM   #14
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaleigh View Post
I am wondering if the STR would fit into the small sleeve as the large sleeve seems awfully large.
I had ordered the small sleeve by mistake thinking that it would fit..it arrived today, and I tried it. Sure, it goes in but you have to pull like heck to take it out. Bad things could happen that way. So, I use the sleeve for my Kobo Touch.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:09 AM   #15
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
The leather looks gorgeous! But I'm not too sure about the elastic bands that hold the Nook inside.

I did see some cases on Etsy that keeps the Nook encased in a tray (and it looks like a book on the outside), but I'm not sure I want to have to remove the Nook from the case to charge. I like the double clicks that B&N products has to set the Nook in place, but how does it hold up? I'd get one of the leather ones, not a fan of synthetic leather.

By the way, have not gotten a Nook. Still waiting for my friend to get to the US first.

p/s: if anyone knows about a case that you can slot the Nook into without covering the charging and SD-card ports (like Prie's Tunewear for iPod), please PM me! I saw one on Etsy (I think) a few days ago, but I did not bookmark it and I'd really like that. Thanks!

Last edited by Ryvyan; 06-25-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote