Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #616
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Speaking of which, I'd also like a way to update a book if the target filename changes (by changing the metadata or the save template): remove the old file, save the new file, and update the database entries with the new filename.
It sounds like you want a more general "Reorganise books" function. And it does make sense as an extension of the "move to SD card" function. If the move to SD card is practical, this would be as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #617
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It sounds like you want a more general "Reorganise books" function.
Yes, but I was thinking more in the situation where fix some metadata in book, which changes the result of the save template, and I re-upload the book without realizing this. I end up with a duplicate book in the device. It would be great if this could be taken care of.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #618
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
I think you will make a some people very happy if you do that.

I don't have a Sony device, but I have looked at a copy of the database and some other structures. A lot of the concepts in the plugin will map across fairly well.
From memory of the Sony driver, there isn't quite the direct link to the database that the Kobo driver has.

I hope you are also considering annotations.
Yes, I think a lot of things will translate easily. And you're right that the database will be marginally harder. otoh, there's no such thing as a separate annotation file, so they're just another database query. It's the annotations that I really, really, want.

I just noticed something in the KoboUtilities plugin.

In dialogs.py, you:
Code:
try:
    from PyQt5 import QtWidgets as QtGui
except ImportError as e:
    from PyQt4 import QtGui
while in config.py, it's:
Code:
try:
    from PyQt5 import QtGui
except ImportError as e:
    from PyQt4 import QtGui
Now, it appears to be an unused import in config, but to save you grief if you later need to use QtGui, you might want to make those match!
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #619
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
Yes, I think a lot of things will translate easily. And you're right that the database will be marginally harder. otoh, there's no such thing as a separate annotation file, so they're just another database query. It's the annotations that I really, really, want.
The only part of the plugin that looks at the annotations file is the annotations file backup. The bit that reads and displays the annotations uses the database. And it uses as much of the driver annotation support as it can. The same goes for the annotations plugin. But, in that case the code was copied and modified heavily. I actually should look at the changes and copy some of them back to the driver.
Quote:
I just noticed something in the KoboUtilities plugin.

In dialogs.py, you:
Code:
try:
    from PyQt5 import QtWidgets as QtGui
except ImportError as e:
    from PyQt4 import QtGui
while in config.py, it's:
Code:
try:
    from PyQt5 import QtGui
except ImportError as e:
    from PyQt4 import QtGui
Now, it appears to be an unused import in config, but to save you grief if you later need to use QtGui, you might want to make those match!
The Qt5 imports were done to minimise the changes elsewhere and to keep the plugin working in both environments. The refactoring done from Qt4 to Qt5 meant that some classes and methods moved or changed names. Hence the import of "QtWidgets" as "QtGui". QtGui still exists in Qt5, it just happens that I don't need it directly in this plugin. At least one of the others I ported did. And the leftover QtGui in config.py is also because of this. For some reason I had "QtGui.QSpinBox" rather than import QSpinBox directly. I changed that for the new version and forgot to cleanup the imports.

Some time in the future I will remove the Qt4 references and clean all this up. But, it won't happen until I think that most people have moved to calibre v2.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #620
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Some time in the future I will remove the Qt4 references and clean all this up. But, it won't happen until I think that most people have moved to calibre v2.
Please don't remove this flexibility from any PI.

This Friday is Doom day for Calibre 2.0 on XP, that means many XP users will join the ranks of old MAC users and will be back to running older versions of Calibre.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:07 PM   #621
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

This Friday is Doom day for Calibre 2.0 on XP, that means many XP users will join the ranks of old MAC users and will be back to running older versions of Calibre.
I was thinking at least six months, but I had forgotten about XP and older MACs. But, there is another problem. As this is a device related plugin, as the device firmware is updated, it needs changes to keep working. The way the Kobo devices and the driver works, this isn't that much of an issue until a new device is released. I can think of a way to solve this if there are two many people impacted.

OK, for the foreseeable future, I will leave the Qt4 support in the plugin. But, I probably won't do any testing with 1.48 unless someone reports a problem.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #622
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
OK, for the foreseeable future, I will leave the Qt4 support in the plugin. But, I probably won't do any testing with 1.48 unless someone reports a problem.

That is fair
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #623
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Where was the announcement that Calibre 2.x will no longer run on XP?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #624
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Indirectly in some of threads discussing people having issues with XP and calibre 2.

An additional issue is that QT5 requires SSE (or was it SSE2) support in the hardware, and without that it dies. Sigil ran into a similar issue with SSE(2) support.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #625
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Where was the announcement that Calibre 2.x will no longer run on XP?
Right here.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:10 AM   #626
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta of new function: Get Shelves from Device

As discussed in Kobo Aura HD: Importing existing shelves into Calibre, I have added a function to get the current shelves from the Kobo device into the calibre library.

This new function will read the database on the connected Kobo device, get the shelves for each book and put this into a column in the calibre library. This can be done for all books on the device, or just the selected books.

When started a dialog for options will be displayed. The options are:
  • List of custom columns that can be used for the list of shelves
  • "All books on device" - Select this if you want to get shelves for all books on the device. If it is not selected, only the selected books will be updated.
  • "Replace column with shelves" - If this is selected, the current value in the column will be replaced with the list of shelves. If it is not, the list is appended to the current value.
Once the options have been selected, press the OK button to start. When this is done, the selected column is checked against those used in the driver configuration. If it is, a warning is displayed and you can cancel the action. If you continue at this point, the shelves are retrieved from the device and the library is updated.

Attached is a beta with the added function. If no problems are found in the next few days, I will release it. If anyone finds a problem with this, please report it with as much detail as possible. And any suggestions for improvements to the function are welcome.

Last edited by davidfor; 10-05-2014 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #627
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
When I connect the Aura through the Kobo Start Menu rather than through nickel, the database backup is stored as "KoboTouch" instead of "KoboAura". Is this something than can be fixed in the plugin? In KSM? Nowhere?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #628
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
When I connect the Aura through the Kobo Start Menu rather than through nickel, the database backup is stored as "KoboTouch" instead of "KoboAura". Is this something than can be fixed in the plugin? In KSM? Nowhere?
The name is what the driver gets based on the device id. It should be shown in the bottom left corner of the calibre window when the device is connected and displayed in the title of the driver configuration dialog. If that isn't happening, it might be something that KSM does, but I'm surprised that it changes the device id.

So that I can check, can you run calibre in debug mode, connect the device and post the debug log. That will show details of what the driver is seeing.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #629
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
I think the issue is within KSM itself.

When it does the USB command it runs a script supplied by tshering that is located in .kobo/kbmenu/usb/enable_usb.sh. This script starts with
Code:
# --- change as you see fit (begin)
PRODUCT_ID=0x4163
VERSION=0.0.0
SN=N000000000000
# --- change as you see fit (end)
Product_ID 0x4163 is Touch with iMX508/7 SoC
0x4173 is Glo
0x4183 is Mini
0x4193 is Aura HD
0x4203 is Aura

So this explains WHY you are being seen as a Touch....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #630
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, that would explain it. Setting the correct device id is a good idea. Apart from the name displayed and used in the backup, it is also used to choose the size of cover images when they are generated.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities