Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-21-2014, 03:58 AM   #601
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
What I want is keeping only the annotation files that contain some actual annotations. If I need to backup the annotations or look at them in my computer, these files are useful. I haven't tried saving the annotations from the database yet, but the files are easily readable without calibre.
Cleaning up the annotation files would also let me quickly see which books have real annotations (by just seeing which files are there).
That's a useful reason.
Quote:

1 and 4: No, although it could be used if you want to remove duplicate information. Or if that forces the device to re-generate the annotation files
#1 will definitely be an option. That is because when you reopen the books, the file is reread and replaces the annotations in the database. When that is done, it screws up the chapter and percentage displayed in the annotations list.
Quote:
2, 3, 5: Yes. Those files would be pretty useless.
#2 is interesting. When you delete a book using the device, it doesn't delete the annotations file. Hence if you delete the book, and put a new copy on, you get the (screwed up) annotations. Some people take advantage of this.
Quote:
This is all assuming that under normal conditions the database and the annotation files contain the same information. Have you seen that this is not the case? I had a quick look and the annotation files for the books which I know I have annotated do indeed contain at least some of the annotations, the files for books I have annotated and then removed the annotations are "empty", the files for books I have not annotated are "empty" too. It's these "empty" files i don't want there.
Yes, that seems to be the case and I can see a reason for removing the clutter of the empty files.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:38 AM   #602
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is because when you reopen the books, the file is reread and replaces the annotations in the database. When that is done, it screws up the chapter and percentage displayed in the annotations list.
Ah, so that is why the annotation list becomes useless? Still, in order to prevent that, you'd need to connect the device to calibre every time before reopening a book, not very practical.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #603
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ah, so that is why the annotation list becomes useless?
Yes.
Quote:
Still, in order to prevent that, you'd need to connect the device to calibre every time before reopening a book, not very practical.
Yes, but I have deliberately done it. But, usually I just delete them when I connect for some other reason.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:38 AM   #604
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My thoughts about annotations and Kobo Utils (let's abbreviate to KU) and also KoboTouch driver (KT) (or/and KoboTouch Extended, KTE). (As all the posts here just brainstorming mode):
  • As already said in other thread, KT and KTE should mimic the device behaviour when deleting books from Calibre. Without any kind of option involved they should automatically delete annotations from the database.
  • I cannot think about anything against it, but just in case, I leave it as another item. This automatic deletion from the database should also happen when sending books to the device, specially kepubs. I mean if you resend a book that already exists in the device, this procedure should be considered a shortcut to a) delete the old version from the device and then b) sending a new version to it.
  • At least KTE, but also desirable in KT, should have a tick about "Remove ADE annotations file when deleting/sending books". This tick would "fix", if desired, the leftovers the deletion process actually leaves.
  • KU just needs 1. ("Delete all annotations" util) and 2. ("Clean up the device from obsolete annotations" util). Just in case, both utils should run and check the database and the ADE files at the same time (no need to make things complicated for the average user who doesn't need to know about how annotations are actually stored. He just sees weird annotations and wants to get rid of them. Period. He doesn't care if it is a database issue or a files issue).
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:29 AM   #605
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

May I add another suggestion? An option to move books between the internal storage and the card that would both move the actual ebook files and modify the database entries. That is, if it can be safely done.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #606
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
May I add another suggestion? An option to move books between the internal storage and the card that would both move the actual ebook files and modify the database entries. That is, if it can be safely done.
I would have found this extremely useful when I first got my glo and was learning the new reader and all the fun plugins. Made many mistakes and this would have helped big time
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #607
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It's an interesting idea and I'll look at it. My first thought is that the plugin deletes the file on the device, updates the database and then triggers a send to device to get the book to the other memory. I can think of problems with that (mainly if the metadata or the save template have been changed), but it shouldn't be hard to do.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #608
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

I've found an unexpected behavior that could be a bug, either in the plugin or in calibre's plugboard.

I have some books where the author_sort does not match the author, because I want them listed under the translator or illustrator, for instance. In particular, there's an anonymous book (no author) where I've put the translator as author_sort. In the plugboard, I use {author_sort} (plus some function and regex) in the author template. And I have the EPUB metadata writer plugin disabled.

So, I send the files to the device, the content is processed, and then I plug the device again and use the "update metadata in the device database" option from this plugin, choosing both author and title, as well as use the plugboards. This has worked nicely, but there's a stubborn book that refuses to have its author updated, and guess what book it is: the one with no author, it appears as "Desconocido" (which is "Unknown" in Spanish) so the data has been sent by calibre, because I have the device language set to English, and the EPUB file itself has no author, so there's nowhere else this word could come from.

I've checked the database with sqlite browser and indeed it contains "Desconocido" as the Attribution for this book, and updating the metadata with the plugin only says that the book was not modified. The plugboard template works as intended, it gives the author_sort name for this book, and I also use author_sort for the location of the files in the device, and it is being used correctly, so I don't think I have anything wrong in my setup. It looks like the plugboard is not being used for this book in particular, and I suspect it is because it has no author.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #609
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Jellby: Can you run calibre in debug mode and post the log for doing this? It should work. The log should show me what is happening.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:14 AM   #610
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

This is the log. I updated three books where the author_sort does not match (although, in fact, that's any book, my author is "FirstName LastName", my author_sort is "LastName, FirstName"):

Spoiler:
[code]calibre 2.0 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Linux-3.13.0-34-generic-x86_64-with-debian-jessie-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.13.0-34-generic', '#60-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 13 15:45:27 UTC 2014')
Python 2.7.8
Linux: ('debian', 'jessie/sid', '')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Reading List && Prince PDF && Kobo Utilities
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
DEBUG: 0.9 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG: 0.9 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=False
Started up in 2.45 seconds with 879 books

Found device nodes: /dev/sdb /dev/sdc None
DEBUG: 26.4 KoboUtilities:_on_device_connection_changed - self.plugin_device_connection_changed.__class__: <type 'PyQt5.QtCore.pyqtBoundSignal'>
DEBUG: 26.4 Methods for self.plugin_device_connection_changed: ['__call__', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'connect', 'disconnect', 'emit', 'signal']
Job: 1 Obtener información del dispositivo started
DeviceJob: 1 Obtener información del dispositivo done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Obtener información del dispositivo callback returned
Job: 2 Obtener lista de libros en el dispositivo started
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None', prefix='/media/KOBOeReader/'
DEBUG: 0.0 Kobo device: Kobo Aura
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of driver: (2, 1, 7) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of firmware: (3, 5, 0) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Firmware supports cover image tree: True
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= [u'', False, True, True, True, True, False, False, False, True, False, False, u'']
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
DEBUG: 0.4 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=96
DEBUG: 0.4 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG: 0.4 Database Version=103
DEBUG: 0.4 KoboTouch:books - shelf list: [u'Kobo menu']
DEBUG: 0.4 KoboTouch:books - query= SELECT Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber, ___UserID, ExternalId FROM content where BookID is Null and ((Accessibility = -1 and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1 )) or (Accessibility in (1,2) and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1)) ) and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) and ContentType = 6) AND (externalId IS NULL OR externalId = '') AND contentId NOT LIKE 'file:///mnt/sd/%'
Job: 1 Obtener información del dispositivo finished
No hay detalles disponibles.
DEBUG: 2.6 KoboTouch:books - about to sync_booklists
DEBUG: 2.6 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 2.8 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 2.8 KoboTouch:books - have done sync_booklists
DEBUG: 2.8 KoboTouch:books - end - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 2.8 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda'
DEBUG: 2.8 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda', prefix='/media/EBOOKS_HCSD/'
DEBUG: 2.8 Kobo device: Kobo Aura
DEBUG: 2.8 Version of driver: (2, 1, 7) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 2.8 Version of firmware: (3, 5, 0) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 2.8 Firmware supports cover image tree: True
DEBUG: 2.8 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= [u'', False, True, True, True, True, False, False, False, True, False, False, u'']
DEBUG: 2.8 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
DEBUG: 2.8 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 2.8 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
DEBUG: 5.7 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=645
DEBUG: 5.7 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG: 5.7 Database Version=103
DEBUG: 5.7 KoboTouch:books - shelf list: [u'Kobo menu']
DEBUG: 5.7 KoboTouch:books - query= SELECT Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber, ___UserID, ExternalId FROM content where BookID is Null and ((Accessibility = -1 and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1 )) or (Accessibility in (1,2) and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1)) ) and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) and ContentType = 6) AND (externalId IS NOT NULL AND externalId <> '' OR contentId LIKE 'file:///mnt/sd/%')
DEBUG: 14.2 KoboTouch:books - about to sync_booklists
DEBUG: 14.2 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 15.5 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 15.5 KoboTouch:books - have done sync_booklists
DEBUG: 15.5 KoboTouch:books - end - oncard='carda'
DEBUG: 15.5 KoboTouch:books - oncard='cardb'
DEBUG: 15.5 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'cardb', but do not have one!
DeviceJob: 2 Obtener lista de libros en el dispositivo done, calling callback
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: Starting set_books_in_library
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 741
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.0218420028687
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: updating views
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: syncing
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: refreshing ondevice
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: sending metadata_available signal
READING LIST: Metadata available: {'A': {u'device_store_uuid': u'35ca5014-89bf-493f-b198-efdc0cb66bf7', u'prefix': '/media/EBOOKS_HCSD/', u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura', u'calibre_version': u'2.0.0', u'location_code': 'A', u'last_library_uuid': u'018a6f38-4a4f-456b-9a21-f136323c7cf6', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-08-24T07:04:17.314704+00:00'}, 'main': {u'device_store_uuid': u'd814b2a2-9905-4ccb-852d-5e4f22e8c4fc', u'prefix': '/media/KOBOeReader/', u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura', u'calibre_version': u'2.0.0', u'location_code': 'main', u'last_library_uuid': u'018a6f38-4a4f-456b-9a21-f136323c7cf6', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-08-24T07:04:17.293772+00:00'}}
READING LIST: Sync Now - force_sync= False
READING LIST: Device found to sync to: Kobo Aura 35ca5014-89bf-493f-b198-efdc0cb66bf7
READING LIST: Device found to sync to: Kobo Aura d814b2a2-9905-4ccb-852d-5e4f22e8c4fc
READING LIST: Not syncing 'Send to Kobo' to device as autosync is false
DEBUG: 42.7 KoboUtilities:_on_device_metadata_available - Metadata available: {'A': {u'device_store_uuid': u'35ca5014-89bf-493f-b198-efdc0cb66bf7', u'prefix': '/media/EBOOKS_HCSD/', u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura', u'calibre_version': u'2.0.0', u'location_code': 'A', u'last_library_uuid': u'018a6f38-4a4f-456b-9a21-f136323c7cf6', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-08-24T07:04:17.314704+00:00'}, 'main': {u'device_store_uuid': u'd814b2a2-9905-4ccb-852d-5e4f22e8c4fc', u'prefix': '/media/KOBOeReader/', u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura', u'calibre_version': u'2.0.0', u'location_code': 'main', u'last_library_uuid': u'018a6f38-4a4f-456b-9a21-f136323c7cf6', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-08-24T07:04:17.293772+00:00'}}
DEBUG: 42.7 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 42.7 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - About to start auto backup
DEBUG: 42.7 auto_backup_device_database - start
DEBUG: 42.7 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 42.7 Root path of device: /media/KOBOeReader/
DEBUG: 42.7 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 42.7 auto_backup_device_database - destination directory= /home/ignacio/Kobo/backup
DEBUG: 42.7 auto_backup_device_database - version_info= ['514A3A4900505', '2.6.35.3', '3.5.0', '2.6.35.3', '2.6.35.3', '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000360']
DEBUG: 42.7 auto_backup_device_database - device_information= ('Kobo Aura', '', '', '', {'A': {u'device_store_uuid': u'35ca5014-89bf-493f-b198-efdc0cb66bf7', u'location_code': 'A', u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura', u'calibre_version': u'2.0.0', u'prefix': '/media/EBOOKS_HCSD/', u'last_library_uuid': u'018a6f38-4a4f-456b-9a21-f136323c7cf6', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-08-24T07:04:33.510839+00:00'}, 'main': {u'device_store_uuid': u'd814b2a2-9905-4ccb-852d-5e4f22e8c4fc', u'location_code': 'main', u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura', u'calibre_version': u'2.0.0', u'prefix': '/media/KOBOeReader/', u'last_library_uuid': u'018a6f38-4a4f-456b-9a21-f136323c7cf6', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-08-24T07:04:33.501925+00:00'}})
DEBUG: 42.7 auto_backup_device_database - device_name= KoboAura
DEBUG: 42.7 auto_backup_device_database - backup_file_template= KoboReader-KoboAura-514A3A4900505-.sqlite
DEBUG: 42.7 auto_backup_device_database - backup_options= {u'backupCopiesToKeepSpin': 5, 'backup_file_template': 'KoboReader-{0}-{1}-{2}.sqlite', 'device_name': 'KoboAura', 'serial_number': '514A3A4900505', u'backupDestDirectory': u'/home/ignacio/Kobo/backup', 'database_file': u'/media/KOBOeReader/.kobo/KoboReader.sqlite'}
DEBUG: 42.7 KoboUtilitiesAction::_firmware_update
DEBUG: 42.8 auto_backup_device_database - end
DEBUG: 42.8 KoboUtilities:_on_device_metadata_available - About to do firmware check
DEBUG: 42.8 auto_firmware_update_check - start
DEBUG: 42.8 Delta since last update check: 50578
DEBUG: 42.8 auto_firmware_update_check - Not checking for firmware, only checking once per day
DEBUG: 42.8 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 42.8 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=True
DeviceJob: 2 Obtener lista de libros en el dispositivo callback returned
Job: 3 Haciendo copia de seguridad de la base de datos del dipositivo Kobo started
DeviceJob: 3 Haciendo copia de seguridad de la base de datos del dipositivo Kobo done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 3 Haciendo copia de seguridad de la base de datos del dipositivo Kobo callback returned
Job: 2 Obtener lista de libros en el dispositivo finished
Job: 3 Haciendo copia de seguridad de la base de datos del dipositivo Kobo finished
DEBUG: 101.4 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 101.4 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=True
DEBUG: 105.0 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 105.0 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 105.0 Root path of device: /media/KOBOeReader/
DEBUG: 105.0 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 105.0 update_metadata - selectedIDs: [171, 259, 108]
DEBUG: 105.0 update_metadata - device_book_paths: [u'/media/EBOOKS_HCSD/G/Gorey, Edward St. John/Story for Sara.epub']
DEBUG: 105.0 update_metadata - device_book_paths: [u'/media/EBOOKS_HCSD/T/Tolkien, John Ronald Reuel/Sir Gawain and the Green Knight; Pearl; Sir Orfeo.epub']
DEBUG: 105.0 update_metadata - device_book_paths: [u'/media/KOBOeReader/W/Wodehouse, Pelham Grenville/Not George Washington.epub']
DEBUG: 109.4 UpdateMetadataOptionsDialog:ok_clicked - key='usePlugboard' self.new_prefs[key]=True
DEBUG: 109.4 update_metadata: plugboards= {u'any format': {u'KOBOTOUCH': [[u'{author_sort:\'re(list_item($,0,"&"), \' \', \'\xa0\')\'}', u'authors'], [u"{title_sort:'re($, ' ', '\xa0')'}", u'title']]}}
DEBUG: 109.4 update_metadata: self.device.__class__.__name__= KOBOTOUCH
DEBUG: 109.4 generate_metadata_query - self.supports_series= True
DEBUG: 109.4 generate_metadata_query - supports series is true
DEBUG: 109.4 generate_metadata_query - test_query=SELECT Title, Attribution, Description, Publisher, Series, SeriesNumber, Subtitle, ReadStatus, DateCreated, Language, ISBN, FeedbackType, FeedbackTypeSynced, r.Rating, r.DateModified FROM content c1 left outer join ratings r on c1.ContentID = r.ContentID WHERE c1.BookId IS NULL AND c1.ContentId = ?
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - searching for contentId='file:///mnt/sd/G/Gorey, Edward St. John/Story for Sara.epub'
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - found contentId='file:///mnt/sd/G/Gorey, Edward St. John/Story for Sara.epub'
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - format='epub'
Device using plugboard epub KOBOTOUCH [[u'{author_sort:\'re(list_item($,0,"&"), \' \', \'\xa0\')\'}', u'authors'], [u"{title_sort:'re($, ' ', '\xa0')'}", u'title']]
DEBUG: 109.4 update_metadata: plugboard= [[u'{author_sort:\'re(list_item($,0,"&"), \' \', \'\xa0\')\'}', u'authors'], [u"{title_sort:'re($, ' ', '\xa0')'}", u'title']]
DEBUG: 109.4 update_metadata: title_string= None
DEBUG: 109.4 update_metadata: title_string= Story*for*Sara
DEBUG: 109.4 update_metadata: authors_string= None
DEBUG: 109.4 update_metadata: authors_string= Gorey,*Edward*St.*John
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - self.options[cfg.KEY_SET_RATING]= False
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - self.options['series'] True
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - newmi.series= None newmi.series_index= None
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - result['Series'] ='None' result['SeriesNumber'] =None
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - result['Series'] == newmi.series = True
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str = True
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - not (result["Series"] == newmi.series or result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str) = False
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - no changes found to selected metadata. No changes being made.
DEBUG: 109.4 _update_metadata - searching for contentId='file:///mnt/sd/T/Tolkien, John Ronald Reuel/Sir Gawain and the Green Knight; Pearl; Sir Orfeo.epub'
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - found contentId='file:///mnt/sd/T/Tolkien, John Ronald Reuel/Sir Gawain and the Green Knight; Pearl; Sir Orfeo.epub'
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - format='epub'
Device using plugboard epub KOBOTOUCH [[u'{author_sort:\'re(list_item($,0,"&"), \' \', \'\xa0\')\'}', u'authors'], [u"{title_sort:'re($, ' ', '\xa0')'}", u'title']]
DEBUG: 109.5 update_metadata: plugboard= [[u'{author_sort:\'re(list_item($,0,"&"), \' \', \'\xa0\')\'}', u'authors'], [u"{title_sort:'re($, ' ', '\xa0')'}", u'title']]
DEBUG: 109.5 update_metadata: title_string= None
DEBUG: 109.5 update_metadata: title_string= Sir*Gawain*and*the*Green*Knight;*Pearl;*Sir*Orfeo
DEBUG: 109.5 update_metadata: authors_string= None
DEBUG: 109.5 update_metadata: authors_string= Desconocido
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - self.options[cfg.KEY_SET_RATING]= False
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - self.options['series'] True
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - newmi.series= None newmi.series_index= None
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - result['Series'] ='None' result['SeriesNumber'] =None
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - result['Series'] == newmi.series = True
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str = True
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - not (result["Series"] == newmi.series or result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str) = False
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - no changes found to selected metadata. No changes being made.
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - searching for contentId='file:///mnt/onboard/W/Wodehouse, Pelham Grenville/Not George Washington.epub'
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - found contentId='file:///mnt/onboard/W/Wodehouse, Pelham Grenville/Not George Washington.epub'
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - format='epub'
DEBUG: 109.5 update_metadata: plugboard= [[u'{author_sort:\'re(list_item($,0,"&"), \' \', \'\xa0\')\'}', u'authors'], [u"{title_sort:'re($, ' ', '\xa0')'}", u'title']]
DEBUG: 109.5 update_metadata: title_string= None
DEBUG: 109.5 update_metadata: title_string= Not*George*Washington
DEBUG: 109.5 update_metadata: authors_string= None
DEBUG: 109.5 update_metadata: authors_string= Wodehouse,*Pelham*Grenville
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - self.options[cfg.KEY_SET_RATING]= False
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - self.options['series'] True
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - newmi.series= None newmi.series_index= None
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - result['Series'] ='None' result['SeriesNumber'] =None
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - result['Series'] == newmi.series = True
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str = True
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - not (result["Series"] == newmi.series or result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str) = False
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - update_query=UPDATE content SET Title = ? , Attribution = ? WHERE ContentID = ? AND BookID IS NULL
DEBUG: 109.5 _update_metadata - update_values= [u'Not\xa0George\xa0Washington', u'Wodehouse,\xa0Pelham\xa0Grenville', u'file:///mnt/onboard/W/Wodehouse, Pelham Grenville/Not George Washington.epub']
DEBUG: 109.5 Update summary: Books updated=1, unchanged books=2, not on device=0, Total=3
READING LIST: Device disconnected
DEBUG: 187.2 KoboUtilities:_on_device_connection_changed - self.plugin_device_connection_changed.__class__: <type 'PyQt5.QtCore.pyqtBoundSignal'>
DEBUG: 187.2 Methods for self.plugin_device_connection_changed: ['__call__', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'connect', 'disconnect', 'emit', 'signal']
DEBUG: 187.2 KoboUtilites:_on_device_connection_changed - Device disconnected
DEBUG: 187.2 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 187.2 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=True[/quote]

This is the metadata for the problem book, according to calibre's metadata.opf file:

Spoiler:
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<package xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" unique-identifier="uuid_id" version="2.0">
    <metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
        <dc:identifier opf:scheme="calibre" id="calibre_id">259</dc:identifier>
        <dc:identifier opf:scheme="uuid" id="uuid_id">acf7719a-63e8-4e5a-b729-50e2c85b963e</dc:identifier>
        <dc:title>Sir Gawain and the Green Knight; Pearl; Sir Orfeo</dc:title>
        <dc:creator opf:file-as="Tolkien, John Ronald Reuel" opf:role="aut">Desconocido</dc:creator>
        <dc:contributor opf:file-as="calibre" opf:role="bkp">calibre (1.31.0) [http://calibre-ebook.com]</dc:contributor>
        <dc:date>1975-01-06T23:00:00+00:00</dc:date>
        <dc:description>&lt;p class="description"&gt;“Sir Gawain and the Green Knight” and “Pearl” are two poems by an unknown author written in about 1400. “Sir Gawain” is a romance, a fairy-tale for adults, full of life and colour. “Pearl” is is apparently an elegy on the death of a child, a poem pervaded with a sense of great personal loss. “Sir Orfeo” is a slighter romance, belonging to an earlier and different tradition. The three translations represent the complete rhyme and alliterative schemes of the originals.&lt;/p&gt;</dc:description>
        <dc:language>eng</dc:language>
        <dc:subject>English poetry – Middle English</dc:subject>
        <dc:subject>Arthurian romances</dc:subject>
        <dc:subject>Gawain (Legendary character) – Romances</dc:subject>
        <dc:subject>1100-1500 – Modernized versions</dc:subject>
        <meta content="{&quot;Desconocido&quot;: &quot;&quot;}" name="calibre:author_link_map"/>
        <meta content="2013-01-07T12:17:42+00:00" name="calibre:timestamp"/>
        <meta content="Sir Gawain and the Green Knight; Pearl; Sir Orfeo" name="calibre:title_sort"/>
        <meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#formats" content="{&quot;is_category&quot;: false, &quot;#extra#&quot;: null, &quot;kind&quot;: &quot;field&quot;, &quot;is_custom&quot;: true, &quot;is_csp&quot;: false, &quot;colnum&quot;: 2, &quot;column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;rec_index&quot;: 24, &quot;search_terms&quot;: [&quot;#formats&quot;], &quot;link_column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;is_multiple2&quot;: {}, &quot;is_multiple&quot;: null, &quot;datatype&quot;: &quot;composite&quot;, &quot;#value#&quot;: &quot;EPUB&quot;, &quot;category_sort&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;table&quot;: &quot;custom_column_2&quot;, &quot;is_editable&quot;: true, &quot;label&quot;: &quot;formats&quot;, &quot;display&quot;: {&quot;composite_template&quot;: &quot;{formats}&quot;, &quot;composite_sort&quot;: &quot;text&quot;}, &quot;name&quot;: &quot;Formatos&quot;}"/>
        <meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#read" content="{&quot;is_category&quot;: false, &quot;#extra#&quot;: null, &quot;kind&quot;: &quot;field&quot;, &quot;is_custom&quot;: true, &quot;is_csp&quot;: false, &quot;colnum&quot;: 1, &quot;column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;rec_index&quot;: 22, &quot;search_terms&quot;: [&quot;#read&quot;], &quot;link_column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;is_multiple2&quot;: {}, &quot;is_multiple&quot;: null, &quot;datatype&quot;: &quot;bool&quot;, &quot;#value#&quot;: true, &quot;category_sort&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;table&quot;: &quot;custom_column_1&quot;, &quot;is_editable&quot;: true, &quot;label&quot;: &quot;read&quot;, &quot;display&quot;: {}, &quot;name&quot;: &quot;Leído&quot;}"/>
        <meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#own" content="{&quot;is_category&quot;: false, &quot;#extra#&quot;: null, &quot;kind&quot;: &quot;field&quot;, &quot;is_custom&quot;: true, &quot;is_csp&quot;: false, &quot;colnum&quot;: 3, &quot;column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;rec_index&quot;: 23, &quot;search_terms&quot;: [&quot;#own&quot;], &quot;link_column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;is_multiple2&quot;: {}, &quot;is_multiple&quot;: null, &quot;datatype&quot;: &quot;bool&quot;, &quot;#value#&quot;: true, &quot;category_sort&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;table&quot;: &quot;custom_column_3&quot;, &quot;is_editable&quot;: true, &quot;label&quot;: &quot;own&quot;, &quot;display&quot;: {}, &quot;name&quot;: &quot;Propio&quot;}"/>
    </metadata>
    <guide>
        <reference href="cover.jpg" title="Portada" type="cover"/>
    </guide>
</package>
Note the .epub file, in my harddisk and in the device, contains as only creator:

Code:
<dc:creator opf:role="trl" opf:file-as="Tolkien, John Ronald Reuel">J. R. R. Tolkien</dc:creator>

The plugboard template is giving the correct result (checked in a custom column).
Old 08-24-2014, 04:34 AM   #611
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Jellby: What options are you selecting on the update metadata dialog? I suspect you are only selecting the "Use plugboard" option. This option will only do anything if other options are also selected. The dialog shouldn't have allowed you to continue if this was the only option that was checked. I have attached a version that fixes this.

Just in case I am wrong, this also has a little extra logging in the update routine as it was not showing some information I needed.

Can you try this version and see how it goes?

Last edited by davidfor; 10-05-2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Removed beta version
Old 08-24-2014, 05:14 AM   #612
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
Jellby: What options are you selecting on the update metadata dialog? I suspect you are only selecting the "Use plugboard" option. This option will only do anything if other options are also selected. The dialog shouldn't have allowed you to continue if this was the only option that was checked. I have attached a version that fixes this.
No, I have "Use plugboard", but also title, author and series, plus title sort and author sort, but these are grayed-out.

Quote:
Can you try this version and see how it goes?
Same result. Here is the log (only for the update metadata part):

Spoiler:
Code:
DEBUG:  218.2 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG:  218.2 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG:  218.2 Root path of device: /media/KOBOeReader/
DEBUG:  218.2 END Get Device Path
DEBUG:  218.2 update_metadata - selectedIDs: [171, 259, 108]
DEBUG:  218.2 update_metadata - device_book_paths: [u'/media/EBOOKS_HCSD/G/Gorey, Edward St. John/Story for Sara.epub']
DEBUG:  218.2 update_metadata - device_book_paths: [u'/media/EBOOKS_HCSD/T/Tolkien, John Ronald Reuel/Sir Gawain and the Green Knight; Pearl; Sir Orfeo.epub']
DEBUG:  218.2 update_metadata - device_book_paths: [u'/media/EBOOKS_HCSD/W/Wodehouse, Pelham Grenville & Westbrook, Herbert/Not George Washington.epub']
DEBUG:  224.7 UpdateMetadataOptionsDialog:ok_clicked - key='usePlugboard' self.new_prefs[key]=True
DEBUG:  224.7 UpdateMetadataOptionsDialog:ok_clicked - key='publisher' self.new_prefs[key]=False
DEBUG:  224.7 UpdateMetadataOptionsDialog:ok_clicked - key='mark_not_interested' self.new_prefs[key]=False
DEBUG:  224.7 UpdateMetadataOptionsDialog:ok_clicked - key='published_date' self.new_prefs[key]=False
DEBUG:  224.7 UpdateMetadataOptionsDialog:ok_clicked - key='rating' self.new_prefs[key]=False
DEBUG:  224.7 UpdateMetadataOptionsDialog:ok_clicked - key='description' self.new_prefs[key]=False
DEBUG:  224.7 UpdateMetadataOptionsDialog:ok_clicked - key='language' self.new_prefs[key]=False
DEBUG:  224.7 UpdateMetadataOptionsDialog:ok_clicked - key='title' self.new_prefs[key]=True
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: number books= 3 options= {u'usePlugboard': True, u'publisher': False, u'mark_not_interested': False, u'published_date': False, u'rating': False, u'description': False, u'language': False, u'title': True, u'series': True, u'author': True, u'authourSort': True, u'tagsInSubtitle': False, u'setRreadingStatus': False, u'readingStatus': -1, u'isbn': False, u'titleSort': True, u'resetPosition': False}
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: plugboards= {u'epub': {u'KOBOTOUCH': [[u'{author_sort:\'re(list_item($,0,"&"), \' \', \'\xa0\')\'}', u'authors'], [u"{title_sort:'re($, ' ', '\xa0')'}", u'title']]}}
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: self.device.__class__.__name__= KOBOTOUCH
DEBUG:  224.7 generate_metadata_query - self.supports_series= True
DEBUG:  224.7 generate_metadata_query - supports series is true
DEBUG:  224.7 generate_metadata_query - test_query=SELECT Title,       Attribution,     Description,     Publisher,    Series,        SeriesNumber,  Subtitle,  ReadStatus,  DateCreated,  Language,  ISBN,  FeedbackType,  FeedbackTypeSynced,  r.Rating,  r.DateModified FROM content c1  left outer join ratings r on c1.ContentID = r.ContentID WHERE c1.BookId IS NULL AND c1.ContentId = ?
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - searching for contentId='file:///mnt/sd/G/Gorey, Edward St. John/Story for Sara.epub'
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - found contentId='file:///mnt/sd/G/Gorey, Edward St. John/Story for Sara.epub'
DEBUG:  224.7     result= <sqlite3.Row object at 0x7f85c2a55fd0>
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - format='epub'
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: plugboard= [[u'{author_sort:\'re(list_item($,0,"&"), \' \', \'\xa0\')\'}', u'authors'], [u"{title_sort:'re($, ' ', '\xa0')'}", u'title']]
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: applying plugboard
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: newmi.title= Story*for*Sara
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: newmi.authors= [u'Gorey,\xa0Edward\xa0St.\xa0John']
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: title_string= None
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: title_string= Story*for*Sara
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: authors_string= None
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: authors_string= Gorey,*Edward*St.*John
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - self.options[cfg.KEY_SET_RATING]=  False
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - self.options['series'] True
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - newmi.series= None newmi.series_index= None
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - result['Series'] ='None' result['SeriesNumber'] =None
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - result['Series'] == newmi.series = True
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str = True
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - not (result["Series"] == newmi.series or result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str) = False
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - no changes found to selected metadata. No changes being made.
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - searching for contentId='file:///mnt/sd/T/Tolkien, John Ronald Reuel/Sir Gawain and the Green Knight; Pearl; Sir Orfeo.epub'
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - found contentId='file:///mnt/sd/T/Tolkien, John Ronald Reuel/Sir Gawain and the Green Knight; Pearl; Sir Orfeo.epub'
DEBUG:  224.7     result= <sqlite3.Row object at 0x7f863531e6f0>
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: plugboard= [[u'{author_sort:\'re(list_item($,0,"&"), \' \', \'\xa0\')\'}', u'authors'], [u"{title_sort:'re($, ' ', '\xa0')'}", u'title']]
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: newmi.title= Sir*Gawain*and*the*Green*Knight;*Pearl;*Sir*Orfeo
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: newmi.authors= [u'Desconocido']
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: title_string= Sir*Gawain*and*the*Green*Knight;*Pearl;*Sir*Orfeo
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: authors_string= Desconocido
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - result['Series'] ='None' result['SeriesNumber'] =None
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str = True
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - not (result["Series"] == newmi.series or result["SeriesNumber"] == series_index_str) = False
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - no changes found to selected metadata. No changes being made.
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - searching for contentId='file:///mnt/sd/W/Wodehouse, Pelham Grenville & Westbrook, Herbert/Not George Washington.epub'
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata - found contentId='file:///mnt/sd/W/Wodehouse, Pelham Grenville & Westbrook, Herbert/Not George Washington.epub'
DEBUG:  224.7     result= <sqlite3.Row object at 0x7f85c2a55d30>
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: newmi.title= Not*George*Washington
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: newmi.authors= [u'Wodehouse,\xa0Pelham\xa0Grenville']
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: title_string= Not*George*Washington
DEBUG:  224.7 _update_metadata: authors_string= Wodehouse,*Pelham*Grenville
DEBUG:  224.7 Update summary: Books updated=0, unchanged books=3, not on device=0, Total=3
Old 08-24-2014, 07:20 AM   #613
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

The problem is in calibre, not in the plugin. The same happens if I use the plugboard for save_to_disk, after changing the appropriate settings. The plugboard is used, because the title is altered, and if I use just "Test" for the authors template, it goes there too. But using {author_sort} as the authors template gives just the "Unknown" string. I'll file a bug report.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #614
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The problem is in calibre, not in the plugin. The same happens if I use the plugboard for save_to_disk, after changing the appropriate settings. The plugboard is used, because the title is altered, and if I use just "Test" for the authors template, it goes there too. But using {author_sort} as the authors template gives just the "Unknown" string. I'll file a bug report.
I've been staring at your logs and mine and thinking that. There seems to be something wrong when the author is unknown and the plugboard tries to set it. Hopefully it will be easy to fix.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #615
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
I can think of problems with that (mainly if the metadata or the save template have been changed), but it shouldn't be hard to do.
Speaking of which, I'd also like a way to update a book if the target filename changes (by changing the metadata or the save template): remove the old file, save the new file, and update the database entries with the new filename.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins