Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 03-26-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
lhuxley
lhuxley began at the beginning.

Device: various
Default Edit Book Edit Window Font?

Would it be possible for someone to identify the default font used in the Calibre edit window? It displays as "None" in the Preferences Choose Font Family dialog. (I'm running Calibre 2.21 on Windows 8.1, if that matters.)

Originally, I thought that there was a bug in the editor, but it appears to be a problem with the default font. I am working with Unicode combining diacritics, (specifically U+0364) and the diacritics are combining with the letters on both sides of it, so that all three characters are on top of each other. (Diacritics should only combine with letters to the left.)
lhuxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Your question is?
"What font is used if I don't set one in preferences"??
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2015, 11:11 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The default font is system dependent. On most windows systems, I think it usually resolves to Consolas. I recommend that if you dont like it, pick a specific font for yourself.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote