Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 02:14 AM   #16
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgreedo View Post
As a side note, I know there are public domain fonts, etc., but I have not found any that are even close to the quality of the fonts I like to use, and Calibri looks amazing on my reader.
I know you'll probably be annoyed by the suggestion, but are you sure about this? I would think either Droid Sans or Deja Vu Sans might be a suitable replacement for Calibri. (In any case, I can't see a case for saying they're not "even close" to the same quality...)

Deja Vu family"

These are both freely embeddable fonts.

Here's Calibri for comparison:

While Deja Vu Sans is clearly different, you'd have to have a pretty sharp eye to spot the differences between Droid Sans and Calibri. And it was designed by the same foundry as Calibri (Ascender), but released under the Apache license.

Last edited by frabjous; 11-26-2009 at 02:39 AM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote