Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-18-2024, 06:29 PM   #1
nurseshellyburr
nurseshellyburr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Color
Hello :)

Hi,

My name is Michele. I have had an account for many years, but couldn't remember my password and decided to just make a new one. I have been a Kindle user since the first Kindle was released. I am making the switch to Kobo and right now am using Kobo through an app until I get the Kobo Libra Color. So far, I am very happy with the app and think their Kobo plus read and listen is a great value (compared to Kindle Unlimited). I have an iPad Mini I can read my Kindle books on if I need to.

The reason I am moving away from Kindle is that my last Kindle Oasis is only a few years old and the battery is already getting unreliable, sometimes only lasting 2 days before I need to recharge. Of course, it has an aluminum body and you can't change the battery. 100% not buying a new Oasis every few years. I won't ever buy another Kindle after this experience.

Anyway, I look forward to reading all of the Kobo posts.

Happy reading!
nurseshellyburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 06:40 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

Amazon has discontinued the Oasis model, so you couldn't buy a new Oasis even if you wanted to.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 09:55 PM   #3
nurseshellyburr
nurseshellyburr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Color
Thank you for the welcome! I realize the Oasis is discontinued, but I won't be buying any other Kindle either My house shall be a Kindle-Free zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

Amazon has discontinued the Oasis model, so you couldn't buy a new Oasis even if you wanted to.
nurseshellyburr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle oasis, kobo libra color