Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-31-2023, 06:17 AM   #1
SilverGreen93
SilverGreen93 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad Color 3
Disable bottom menu notification popups

Hi,
Every time I change the layout, crop size etc from the bottom menu, I immediately get a popup notification with the exact detailed changes that I made.
I do not need this notification to pop up every time I make a small adjustment.

I get it that sometimes it is useful to know the exact value changed, but not every time.

I thought it is related to the Device -> Notifications setting, but even if I turned that off, I still get the notification each time.

Is it a bug? Should I file a bug, or I am missing something?
Thanks.
SilverGreen93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 01:56 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You'll want to detail what exactly you have enabled in the Notifications settings, and which notifications exactly you're still seeing.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 02:29 PM   #3
SilverGreen93

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You'll want to detail what exactly you have enabled in the Notifications settings, and which notifications exactly you're still seeing.
Yes, sorry.
Here are my notification settings:

And here is my notification after I use the bottom menu to change zoom/crop mode.

Old 01-06-2024, 09:22 AM   #4
SilverGreen93

So is this by default the intended behaviour? To show these messages every time I change a display/page/crop setting?
Old 01-08-2024, 02:25 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Because that's not a Notification per-se (notifications are small, centered toasts that will stack from the top of the screen).

This one's a confirmation popup, and, no, you can't get rid of these.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 04:30 AM   #6
SilverGreen93

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Because that's not a Notification per-se (notifications are small, centered toasts that will stack from the top of the screen).

This one's a confirmation popup, and, no, you can't get rid of these.
Oh, rats.
It would be a good feature request to be able to disable these and only enable them for debugging/verbose/advanced user purposes. They slow down fiddling with changing the settings as they require one more tap to get rid of every time they show up and are not that informative every time.