Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-02-2023, 06:21 PM   #1
Shivan99
Shivan99 began at the beginning.

Device: kibdle
Error on ubuntu when launching Calibre main

Hi,

I am a linux noob, so forgive me if I say something ignorant.

I moved my calibre library off windows server because server 2012r2 was no longer supported. I wound up on ubuntu. I had no issue installing and accessing my library which is on an ssd by itself.

I normally just access the server from the main program to add books, put on our kindles, etc. I do have a couple family members that want to access remotely so I set up so they could access over the net. That works fine.

Then today i set up the calibre.service so the server is brought up if I have to reboot. I have forgotten in the past on windows.

now when that service is started, I can't open the main program.

If the main program is open, I can access it remotely. If the main program is closed I cannot.

If I start up the service, I can access remotely but I can't access the main program.

I see in the service text it says after the path to the file -- enable local write, I am not sure what that is. The user who runs the program or service is me and I have full write ability on the folder of the library.

The error is:

another program can modify calibre libraries. You must first shut it down before running the main program. ...

If I need to do that, I guess OK, just hoping I did something wrong and can fix it so the service is running and I can open the main program.

Thanks.
Shivan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 05:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Only the server or the GUI can access a particular library. You cant have both accessing it simultaneously.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote