Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 02-21-2023, 06:30 AM   #1
calanon
calanon began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Sharing over the net IP address

I am running calibre in a docker container. The IP of the container is 10.0.1.20 on port 8080. I start the sharing over the net server on port 8081 but the IP specified is 172.0.10.6, I cannot seem to reach this IP because it doesnt exist on my docker network.

What should I do here?
calanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 06:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre by default listens on 0.0.0.0 which is all IPs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 08:45 AM   #3
calanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre by default listens on 0.0.0.0 which is all IPs.
I can curl the url and port of 8080 and 8081 and I get a result. I am hiding this behind traefik and for some reason I cannot reach the port 8081
Old 02-21-2023, 10:00 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That doesnt have anything to do with calibre, you will need to ask someone familiar with whatever set of layers are complicating your life.

If I were you, I would simply install the official calibre binaries and run them without all this complication. Pass the path to an SSL certificate to the server, turn on basic auth and be on your merry way. Or if you want to integrate it behind another main server there are guides for apache and nginx, even in the calibre manual https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/ser...-other-servers
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:02 AM   #5
calanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That doesnt have anything to do with calibre, you will need to ask someone familiar with whatever set of layers are complicating your life.

If I were you, I would simply install the official calibre binaries and run them without all this complication. Pass the path to an SSL certificate to the server, turn on basic auth and be on your merry way. Or if you want to integrate it behind another main server there are guides for apache and nginx, even in the calibre manual https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/ser...-other-servers
Thanks for your reply. I fixed it. There was a port conflict now everything works behind traefik2 and using my auth app