Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 12-17-2022, 01:14 AM   #1
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Keep logged-in state across browser restarts

Hi,

I'm not used to keeping the Content Server always on, but recently i felt the need for this, as I found myself doing frequent full-text searches in my libraries from text selections while browsing the web.

Then I noticed that, after browser restarts, the password prompt will come up. Perhaps the need for re-authenticating to the CS has appeared also after some "idle" time, I mean, while CS tab is open but not being used; I'm not sure.

I see cookies from 127.0.0.1 are being set and have already whitelisted those to be kept across browser sessions, so I don't see the need for repeated logins, in my use case, which is local access only.

There's a timeout setting described as "Time (in seconds) after which an idle connection is closed." Does setting this to 0 (zero) mean that no timeout will happen? Is this setting relevant for this matter?

TL;DR - Is there a way to keep CS access permanently ready to access from the browser, without the need to provide user credentials?

Last edited by Comfy.n; 12-21-2022 at 07:31 AM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 02:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That depends on your browser. The browser is free to keep the credentials and re-use them automatically, whether it does so or not is its choice. I have written my own browser that does this. Not sure if the usual browsers have an option for it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 03:19 AM   #3
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That depends on your browser. The browser is free to keep the credentials and re-use them automatically, whether it does so or not is its choice. I have written my own browser that does this. Not sure if the usual browsers have an option for it.
Thanks, I'll look more into my browser settings.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 07:12 AM   #4
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm curious. Does your browser support Fullscreen, Cache? If it is for Android, I would like to test it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 07:17 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No its for linux machines only
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 07:44 AM   #6
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Maybe a paid custom Calibre-only browser for Android in the future? It may replace Fully Browser as Calibre Viewer, especially for eInk devices

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote