Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 12-15-2022, 02:34 PM   #1
Steenbeeks
Steenbeeks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Server: Port forwarding in Nokia Modem

Good evening,

We have a new Modem from Nokia (Glassfiber) and now i do not know how to port forward to my calibre server.
Does anyone have a clue?
The Calibre server is http, but the Nokia modem only lets me choose between TCP and UDP.
I made a rule with port 80 but no succes.

Thank you very much in advance!
Steenbeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 03:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
TCP is what you want for Network protocol.
HTTP is the server mode Calibre uses.

IMHO use a different port (on both the server and Calibre) as 8080 is very common and less tried by hackers looking for open ports. (8081-8089 is less used)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 04:50 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You will need to supply a incoming port from the Internet and an outgoing port to your computer with calibre. In my current setup, I use 9380 as the port I would use outside my home network forwarded to port 8088 internally (in calibre's setup, the server is looking at port 8088). A bit of security through obscurity though that is mostly wishful thinking.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote