Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 07-08-2018, 06:06 AM   #1
Lakrimar
Lakrimar began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino
Server doesn't start after update to 3.27.1 - python libs missing

Hello,

I've upgraded my calibre installation on my server to 3.27.1 but when I want to start the server (calibre-server) it complains about missing libraries:

Code:
IOError: [Errno 2] File or Folder not found: '/opt/calibre/lib/python2.7/imgsrc/srv/generate.py'
I cannot find the entire imgsrc folder in /opt/calibre and not in the current and previous (3.27.0) tar file. Is this missing?
Lakrimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It should not be calling generate.py at all. Can you post the full traceback?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
Lakrimar

Sure
For debugging purposes I started the calibre server in foreground. Normally it is started by system during boot.

Code:
root@server:/opt# LIBRARY_PATH='/srv/calibre-library' && PORT='4711' && /usr/bin/calibre-server --auto-reload --port $PORT $LIBRARY_PATH
Auto-restarting server on changes press Ctrl-C to quit
Watching 1 directory trees for changes
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 77, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/srv/standalone.py", line 199, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/srv/auto_reload.py", line 407, in auto_reload
  File "site-packages/calibre/srv/auto_reload.py", line 266, in __enter__
  File "site-packages/calibre/srv/auto_reload.py", line 300, in restart
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/rapydscript.py", line 206, in compile_srv
IOError: [Errno 2] Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden: '/opt/calibre/lib/python2.7/imgsrc/srv/generate.py'
Old 07-08-2018, 08:46 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That indicates that for some reason it is rebuilding the server data. Are the dates messed up on your system? Try re-installing calibre, that should take care of it.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:48 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Oh and dont use --auto-reload that is for development purposes only
Old 07-08-2018, 08:54 AM   #6
Lakrimar

I'm trying to upgrade from a previous version (2.85.1). And it is installed on a non gui system. The installations works fine except of a warning that an entry in the user menu cannot be done.

I'll try to reinstall in a complete new folder and --auto-reload is removed from start script now
Old 07-08-2018, 08:58 AM   #7
Lakrimar

I deleted the calibre server folder and installed it the manual way as described on the download page. Now it is working fine - thanks a lot