Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-14-2015, 09:39 AM   #16
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom* View Post
Wouldn't it be neat if you could call the rename function, or the split function, or any other function from a regex-function. Then this would be flexible and easily accomplished.
As I've told you, I don't get the need. I only can guess that you're talking about an automated edition, where you would use it. But I don't use automated edition, so...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d256 View Post
Calibre is a powerful combine harvester. It has so many things, even unnecessary. And all throwing themselves at me when I suggest something useful. What's with you people?
I suggest a "real chocolate" and you say that this "chocolate-like product" is awesome?
calibre does indeed contain many things, some of which are more or less necessary.
But as a rule, they are things which are understandably useful. Maybe not all the time -- but you can understand why certain people find it useful.

Beyond that, the plugin infrastructure allows you to fundamentally change the way calibre works.
Things like FanFicFare, OverDrive Link, KindleUnpack, all are very useful indeed. But none of them stand a chance of being part of calibre's core.

And even calibre tries to avoid feature creep.

Now, using regex to bulk edit filenames is something that I don't understand the why of.
Perhaps if you weren't so resistant to explaining how you would use it, we might understand why you think it is useful.

Do note, that nothing I or anyone else so far in this thread say, actually matters.
We don't own calibre -- only @kovidgoyal's opinion matters, and he hasn't spoken up in this thread. EDIT: Yes he did, while I was typing this.
We are just curious. And maybe, if we could be convinced of the usefulness, we could join you in asking for this.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #18
Thom*
The Fumbler
Thom* began at the beginning.

Device: android 4.2/fbreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
And that way exists, it is called plugins. http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/crea...t-book-plugins

A regex function operates on matched text, in the context of a single file at a time, it does not make sense to do arbitrary processing from within it.
Learning how to create a plugin might strain my mental capacity, but thanks for the explanation. I have been wondering about this for some time.
Thom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:48 PM   #19
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom* View Post
Learning how to create a plugin might strain my mental capacity, but thanks for the explanation. I have been wondering about this for some time.
For this, copy and paste would be your friends, I know it well
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #20
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I could be wrong but the Op might be looking for a way to use headings as filenames.
So a regex to detect the chapter heading and then renaming the file accordingly.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I could be wrong but the Op might be looking for a way to use headings as filenames.
So a regex to detect the chapter heading and then renaming the file accordingly.
Yes, I thought of that, and if that's what the OP is after, I'll add a "me too". I do it manually now, so automating it would be handy.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 02:04 PM   #22
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That's not a regex. That requires full python integration, unless you mean to specifically whitelist an arbitrary set of possible renaming actions hooked into the full extent of the ebook container object.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #23
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
While manual, calibre's bulk rename is flexible enough for the simple things I need

You don't need to select all the files, so if there's a multi-part division in the book, I can just process each piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	144913   Click image for larger version

Name:	After.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	144914  
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote