Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #61
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Any Updates to v0.3.0 ??

@DiapDealer -- any more updates to the PI?

It's been a big time saver; I had a couple of really ugly epubs that I was able to clean in a lot less time than it used to take

I don't know why people think it's necessary to exactly duplicate a dead tree version of a book. Most of the very subtle format differences are invisible in my reader.

I spend most of the time removing multiple nested <span> tags, and in a recent cleanup, every paragraph was in it's own <div>. I've gotten used to the 4 or 5 TOC files that get added because the book has been Calibre-converted multiple times.

Thanks again for the PI
Old 09-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #62
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If it's working fine it probably doesn't need an update.

Have you got any improvements to suggest?

(I for one would like it to magically fix everything )
Old 09-04-2014, 10:32 PM   #63
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
That's on my todo list.

But I'm probably going to start with magically fixing one thing before (hopefully) ramping up to everything over a period of a few weeks--if no one has any complaints.

I haven't been doing much book editing/fixing lately, so the plugin has been a little bit "outta sight/outta mind".

Are there any other editor plugins out there, or is everybody just making their own personal plugins or what? I figured there be a few out there by now.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-04-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #64
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
If it's working fine it probably doesn't need an update.
Well, other users have made suggestions that I had not thought of, but which turn out to be very helpful. I'm happy to use their suggested improvements
Old 09-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #65
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
That's on my todo list.

But I'm probably going to start with magically fixing one thing before (hopefully) ramping up to everything over a period of a few weeks--if no one has any complaints.
Oh, Okay then. Can you put on your TODO list to
  • fix books with misspellings (rather than manually figuring out which of seven different possible words is the correct one),
  • guess where the proper paragraph breaks go when the publisher left runon paragraphs (I don't mind if the plugin cheats and consults the pbook on that one),
  • optimize the margin-top on chapter headings,
  • fix a really nasty chapter heading I saw today ThAT LOOkS liKe tHIs,
  • and a few different things I cannot remember, but the plugin should read my mind and know what they are, and do it.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #66
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have only a small suggestion for the plugin. At this moment, it always calculates the differences. Would it be possible to work in the same way that other tools?, meaning: there's a button for seeing what has been changed, and if you press it then it calculates the differences. I trust on the plugin , so it would be faster in that way.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 10-05-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #67
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Would it be possible to work in the same way that other tools, meaning: there's a button for seeing what has been changed, and if you press it then it calculates the differences. I trust on the plugin , so it would be faster in that way.
I assume it's possible. I'll take a peek when I get time.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:03 PM   #68
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much
Old 12-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #69
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
I'm attaching a plugin that has three different tools. All three can be set to run on the currently opened file or to run book-wide.

1) Span Div Editor:
How do I make it run "book wide"? I can only get it to work on the current HTML file.

Quote:
There's two json files in the 'plugin' folder of calibre's config directory for SpanDivEdit. The one you want ends in "settings". It won't exist until you've run the tool at least once, though.
I have run the tool, but I can't find these files. The only related files in the plugins folder are the zip and the "Help" file, (which says "There is no configuration.")

Last edited by AlanHK; 12-07-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #70
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
How do I make it run "book wide"? I can only get it to work on the current HTML file.
Beside each Tool's icon in the Editor toolbar (add the icons to the toolbar if they're not already there), there's an arrow that will open a submenu when clicked. Uncheck the "current file only" checkbox in that submenu. The last setting will always be remembered.

Quote:
I have run the tool, but I can't find these files. The only related files in the plugins folder are the zip and the "Help" file, (which says "There is no configuration.")
I don't know what to say, man. It should be right there. But regardless ... you shouldn't need to edit that settings file manually anymore anyway. The latest version of the plugin has a gui customization dialog to allow users to modify those settings. The "Customize" option is accessible from the same submenu where the "current file only" checkbox can be found.

My apologies for the helpless help file. I freely admit to hating documentation.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-07-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #71
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Beside each Tool's icon in the Editor toolbar (add the icons to the toolbar if they're not already there),
OK.
I didn't have the "plugins toolbar" turned on. (Didn't know it existed.) I was just going through the "plugins" menu, which doesn't give the config button.

After I used the config, then the settings files appeared.

Quote:
My apologies for the helpless help file. I freely admit to hating documentation.
You explain it well enough here... maybe collect your answers and paste them in. That's how FAQs started after all.

Anyway thanks, now I don't have to process 80 files one at a time.

You probably don't want to redesign it, but it seems odd that I have to open two separate windows to use this, (3 if you include the "Edit current file only" button) and they can't be open at the same time either. If they were all in one window, the current "Customize" settings below the current settings, I could set everything at once.

Could be like MS Word or Adobe's menus where you click "More" or arrow to see more tool settings in the same window/palette.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #72
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You probably don't want to redesign it, but it seems odd that I have to open two separate windows to use this, (3 if you include the "Edit current file only" button) and they can't be open at the same time either. If they were all in one window, the current "Customize" settings below the current settings, I could set everything at once.
Actually, I plan to revisit these tools when I get some time. There's lots that can be done to dramatically increase their user-friendliness. I slapped it together when Editor Plugins were first introduced and haven't really done anything with it since that initial flurry. The input is appreciated.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #73
AlanHK
Guru

Thanks.
While we all know you can do everything with RegEx, tools like this that are HTML-aware make it so much easier.
It's very frustrating that Calibre, for instance, highlights the matching closing code when you put a cursor in markup, but has no way for you to use that, to choose and operate on the pair at once.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:28 AM   #74
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Good enough for me.

---------

In the spirit of getting some more Editor Plugin action happening, I'm attaching a plugin that has three different tools. All three can be set to run on the currently opened file or to run book-wide.

.../...

3) Convert CM to EM: this one was one I did for roger64. It simply parses CSS files looking for attributes that have cm dimensions and converts them to em (based on a preset factor). Figured I'do idea at all toss that in. .
These are great news!! Up to now, I still use the script DiapDealer did write for me and then today I stumbled upon this! I hurried to download it and....

I do not know at all how to install the entire plugin on Calibre (I presume). No idea at all. Could a good soul give me some basic explanation about it?

Sorry for being such a retard.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:42 AM   #75
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
These are great news!! Up to now, I still use the script DiapDealer did write for me and then today I stumbled upon this! I hurried to download it and....

I do not know at all how to install the entire plugin on Calibre (I presume). No idea at all. Could a good soul give me some basic explanation about it?

Sorry for being such a retard.
@roger64 - try this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	132266

Here's the 'official' PI thread ==>> [Editor Plugin] Diap's Editing Toolbag

@DiapDealer - should this thread be closed ?

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-10-2014 at 03:53 AM.
Closed Thread