Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #151
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
and wth does this have to do with RIM Playbook.
Because they were reviewed side by side in the link mentioned above.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #152
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Because they were reviewed side by side in the link mentioned above.
Please stay on topic.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #153
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
While the PB might be a really great device with the be all/end all OS, it dependence on the BB phone makes it a non starter for me. Especially with Bluetooth tethering, RIM’s trump card in the business world is it’s unrivaled security, then blast it out on a non-secure Blutooth link? That anyone with a pocket sized device and a little savvy can intercept? And not even encrypted?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #154
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X=;

Does the iPad vs Kindle come to mind. How many times did Besos say they are not in the same space, and how well did the media listen?

=X=
But, if Amazon doesn't want comparisons between the Kindle and ipad, they shouldn't run ads with a girl in her bathing suit reading outside while the poor ipad guy can't see what he's reading...
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #155
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
1. Most of the people who reviewed the Xoom and the Playbook said this. Its just not equivalent to the desktop flash. It doesn't work everywhere, and its crashy when it works. I can post reviewers links if you like.
Sounds quite like the desktop version, good when it works, but it doesn't always works and sometimes crashes.

Personally, I have had no problems at all so far with flash on a playbook and prefer the smaller size to my ipad when I go out, but it desperately needs to check off some of the main missing apps such as kindle and tbh I wouldn't include an email client as being as important as those other apps since webmail and bridged email are ideal for me, but then again I used the email client on my ipad once before going back to webmail.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #156
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How terrible, a company actually having proper preorders and sufficient stock spread across many retailers at launch so that we don't have the boring pictures of lines and 4 week delays afterwards.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #157
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Finally played with the Playbook in the store.

Are people getting so accustomed to thin glass (or plastic) screens that they don't even notice?
I haven't read a single review yet that even mentions this.
For $500 any 7" should have a much better glass than what this has.

(I should note that both the Archos and the Viewsonic sitting next to this also had crappy glass screens... so bad they felt like plastic, but neither one was priced at $500 either!)
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #158
Crowl
Wizard

What do you mean? Maybe I am missing something, but isn't a screen being thin a good thing since it cuts down on weight.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #159
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
What do you mean? Maybe I am missing something, but isn't a screen being thin a good thing since it cuts down on weight.
It all depends on how much pressure it takes for it to give under your finger. If you push against the better screens, they stand firm won't smash in. I much prefer firmness over softness. I would rather have the strength over gaining an ounce or two in weight loss.

Last edited by pphilipp; 05-01-2011 at 04:37 PM.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote