Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #31
crmldlyte
Phenoma-mama
crmldlyte began at the beginning.

Device: Nookcolor (not yet rooted)
I have been enlightened to the world of e-reading! NC from the hubster and I didn't even ask for it! Great surprise! Now I get to play catch up on something that I can't believe I let slip by me!
crmldlyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #32
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Got some cash for Christmas, and then...

On the Eleventh Day of Christmas, I went out and bought a classic Nook Wi-Fi.

Who needs eleven drummers drumming anyway?

Last edited by DTM; 01-06-2011 at 10:35 PM.
DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #33
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
Got some cash for Christmas, and then...

On the Eleventh Day of Christmas, I went out and bought a classic Nook Wi-Fi.
Good for you! I hope you enjoy it!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #34
Lsantiago7859
Enthusiast
Lsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Samsung 10.1 tablet, Nook HD+ and SONY PRS-T2
I bought my 17 yr. old grandson a Nook Classic Wi/Fi for Xmas and my granddaughter (8 yrs old) an Aluratek. Turns out she reads "chapter" books now. I myself have and continue to use SONY PRS-600. Perhaps I'll get a NC next year myself LOL.
Lsantiago7859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #35
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
It wasn't a Nook Christmas for me.

I have a Kindle 3, purchased several months ago, which was perfectly serviceable. Alas, the "new" had worn off.

So that's why this past Monday -- my first day back to work after my holiday -- I took a late and long lunch hour with the intent of "looking" at a NC. As I detailed in my sort-of goodbye in the Kindle forum, the salesgirl asked if I had any questions about the NC. Rather than saying "No thanks", I found myself saying to her, "So, you got any NCs in stock?".

Went back to work, plugged it in to charge, went home and installed the 1.0.1 update, played with it for another few minutes before I rooted it.

Ahhhhhh........ NOW it's a late Nook Christmas!
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #36
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmwrite View Post
It wasn't a Nook Christmas for me.

I have a Kindle 3, purchased several months ago, which was perfectly serviceable. Alas, the "new" had worn off.

So that's why this past Monday -- my first day back to work after my holiday -- I took a late and long lunch hour with the intent of "looking" at a NC. As I detailed in my sort-of goodbye in the Kindle forum, the salesgirl asked if I had any questions about the NC. Rather than saying "No thanks", I found myself saying to her, "So, you got any NCs in stock?".

Went back to work, plugged it in to charge, went home and installed the 1.0.1 update, played with it for another few minutes before I rooted it.

Ahhhhhh........ NOW it's a late Nook Christmas!
Welcome to the darkside
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #37
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
What darkside? We're the white hat guys here!! Just look at the color of the NOOK!
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #38
merlin5353
Trying to sort it out...
merlin5353 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Nook classic, Eee PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
What darkside? We're the white hat guys here!! Just look at the color of the NOOK!
COLOR; Get it?
merlin5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:03 AM   #39
Rjl2001
Enthusiast
Rjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic Wifi, Nook Color (rooted)
Well I had a Nook Christmas. A few weeks before Christmas a friend was showing me his Kindle 3. That got me thinking about ereaders. After a few weeks of research, and looking at this site, decided on the Color. I wound up getting some cash for Christmas, and used that to buy it. Funny thing is my family said they were thinking about getting me th Nook but wasn't sure which one I would want.

So far I'm loving the Nook Color. Using it about 70% as an internet tablet, and 30% for reading books. And love being able to subscribe to newspapers that are there waiting in the morning. Now my question is whether or not to root it. I'm sure I will soon enough. I'm actually writing this on it right now, which is a little tedius actually. I wonder if you root if you can get a keyboard with Swype?
Rjl2001 is offline   Reply With Quote