Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-05-2024, 09:38 PM   #151
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It's a toolbar item because I asked for keyboard shortcut to pop it.

If I had my druthers there'd be a preference that disabled clicking on column headers, the keys I use for View Manager->Reapply current view are worn through

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:31 PM   #152
ehbowen
ehbowen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question: What's the best way to move a large library between two computers? (Actually it's the same hardware, but I'm moving books from Windoze to Ubuntu Studio).
ehbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 12:30 AM   #153
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbowen View Post
Question: What's the best way to move a large library between two computers? (Actually it's the same hardware, but I'm moving books from Windoze to Ubuntu Studio).

Simply copy the entire Library Folder CONTENTS to the empty (there will be just 3 files. those will be safe to overwrite).
Do the same for the configuration folder.

Note:you may have to reset the Library location at the first start.
Assumes you leave the Windows file system on the drive (you might shrink it using PARTED) or you add a new drive (might not be a bad idea moving from old spinning rust)
SO it mostly breaks down to how fast you can write files on your new location
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 01:30 AM   #154
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbowen View Post
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote