Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-09-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
dntq83
dntq83 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
How to access my Nook Glowlight 3 without registration?

Hello everyone,

Could you show me how to access my Nook Glowlight 3 without registration ?
Current firmware: 50.0.117

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200510_064518 - Copy.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	179157  

Last edited by dntq83; 05-09-2020 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Add a photo
dntq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:08 PM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
You could set up a new email address and use that. You do not need to add a credit card. You can skip that.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2020, 10:11 PM   #3
dntq83
dntq83 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
You could set up a new email address and use that. You do not need to add a credit card. You can skip that.
Yes, but it's stucking "Working please wait"

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200510_090746 - Copy.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	179158  
dntq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 10:00 AM   #4
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You registered it with an email, and it hangs? Do a hard reset, then try again.

https://help.barnesandnoble.com/app/...20Soft%20Reset

Quote:
To power off your NOOK, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. At that point, the device should be turned-off. Wait a few seconds, and then press and hold the power button for about 2 seconds to turn your NOOK back on.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dntq83 View Post
Yes, but it's stucking "Working please wait"

Thank you!
Take a look at this thread.

i would try the hard reset/deregister at the B&N site first.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2020, 02:01 PM   #6
thel8elvis
thel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: NST Glowlight
Is this an issue with old firmware and TLS ?

https://help.barnesandnoble.com/app/...tail/a_id/4212

Literally the old firmware cannot connect bc they deprecated some ssl ciphers, iirc.

the solution for this is to manually update the firmware by copying it over and letting it update.

If it's not bc the firmware is to old ( I didn't see a site listing all the firwamare versions with dates) you can also reset and try skipping OOBE registration following this link (not sure if it will work on your firmware)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...19#post3617019
thel8elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thel8elvis View Post
Is this an issue with old firmware and TLS ?

https://help.barnesandnoble.com/app/...tail/a_id/4212

Literally the old firmware cannot connect bc they deprecated some ssl ciphers, iirc.
I'm pretty sure the Glowlight 3 is newer than that issue. I believe it is just the Simple Touch and older that could run into that situation. Possibly the first Glowlight as well. But the Plus (2015) and newer should be fine.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:21 PM   #8
thel8elvis
thel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenthel8elvis has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: NST Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm pretty sure the Glowlight 3 is newer than that issue. I believe it is just the Simple Touch and older that could run into that situation. Possibly the first Glowlight as well. But the Plus (2015) and newer should be fine.
I didn't think so, but I couldn't find a good reference for models/dates so i thought I would throw it out there. Also, I ran into that updating my glowlight plus, so I am sure that influenced my thought process
thel8elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thel8elvis View Post
I didn't think so, but I couldn't find a good reference for models/dates so i thought I would throw it out there. Also, I ran into that updating my glowlight plus, so I am sure that influenced my thought process
To be honest, I'm going off of memory, not facts
Old 07-24-2020, 06:32 AM   #10
NevilleMarvin
NevilleMarvin began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Any update on this?

I just picked up a new Glowlight Plus, and want to use it strictly with sideloaded content and not register it.

I was able to gain ADB access by following the thread linked above, but I don't know where to go from here to skip the OOBE and just be able to drop mobi/epub/whatever files on it and read them.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
NevilleMarvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:19 PM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevilleMarvin View Post
I just picked up a new Glowlight Plus, and want to use it strictly with sideloaded content and not register it.

I was able to gain ADB access by following the thread linked above, but I don't know where to go from here to skip the OOBE and just be able to drop mobi/epub/whatever files on it and read them.
I just register my Nooks. Wifi is off all the time and I sideload all my books, so it's not like B&N is snooping on anything. To me personally, it's just not worth doing backflips to keep from supplying B&N an email address. Especially when you can just make an email address and never use it.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:55 AM   #12
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Just got a Nook glowlight plus - registered it and then sideloaded some books.

I just used my work e-mail and opted to add credit card details later (ie never).

Very nice to read on - just trying to get a cover for it now (in the UK)
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:00 AM   #13
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
I hope you enjoy your new Nook glow light plus. I find mine very comfortable and enjoyable to read on. I bought my cover from Etsy.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 12:37 PM   #14
Pajamaman
Wizard

I got a fintie case. Very nice.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:45 PM   #15
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
I’ve gone for black Fintie cover from Amazon. Its coming from the States so it will take approx 10 days to get to me. The etsy covers looked lovely as well so tough decision to make.
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote