Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #1
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Spell check question

I was wondering if there was a way for the text to automatically show the current misspelled word as it moves down the list? I seem to remember seeing something about this, but of course either can't find it or I imagined it.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:35 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@MerlinMama - not sure it can do that, I think you have to hit enter or double click on the word in the list to move the code to the first occurrence of the word.

The Sigil spellchecker does it though, the code view window moves to the first occurrence of the word as you move down the list.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2015, 08:39 PM   #3
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

I sometimes forget to double click, because normally other spell checkers bring you directly to the word.

Also, sometimes double clicking doesn't bring you to the word, but to the end of the file. Yesterday this happened quite a lot on one of my books, which was annoying. That is what led me to search for a way to automatically go to the words.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:38 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a show next occurrence button for that. Personally, I only need to see a few words in the text, most of them I can correct without needing that, so having the editor jumping around all the time is not desired behavior.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:45 AM   #5
MerlinMama
Evangelist

In general, I don't have to see words to know if they are misspelled. The books I read, however often have the authors writing in dialect. I have another author who has a notorious problem with words ending with apostrophe s. In these cases, seeing the word in context is necessary. My last text to correct came back with over 1000 errors, most which might or might not be an error. Another example, a character who 'mispronounces' words. In that case, it's a mistake to correct the spelling error, and then when reading it doesn't make sense.

I do however realize that this is a VERY isolated case. I was just checking if there was an option to make that possible.
Advert