Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #1
bunglegrind
bunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One
Unhappy Calibre Shelves in KOReader

Dear All,
this is my first post (and thread) in this awesome forum.
I searched on the various discussions, but I couldn't find a satisfactory answer.
I used (with nickel) to organize my books in shelves with calibre.
Now I'm using KOReader because of its superiority in terms of features and pdf reading capabilities, and I'm currently browsing my books with the builtin file manager.
I would like to access the calibre shelves using KOReader but I couldn't find an appropriate option... Is this calibre feature supported in KOReader?

P.S.
I found "Browser series" and "browser tags" in the file manager menu, but they don't show the shelves I created...
bunglegrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Are the shelves calibre creates and manages in the stock Kobo database included in the "metadata.calibre" as tags? Perhaps you could make a tag in calibre and apply it to the books in one of your shelves and delete then resend the books to your device, to see if the tag appears in KOReader.

Another approach might be to have calibre add a code to the book/file name, that KOReader's "Find file" function could use. You could have it put at the end of the name and would only show in the File Manager listings if you have set the font size real low, but would work for the search. ( I never figured out how calibre and its "Plugboards" work to impact the names. You might ask over at the calibre forum.)

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 03-28-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2016, 08:16 AM   #3
bunglegrind
bunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheesebunglegrind can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One
So, I suppose there is not direct way to import shelves in koreader. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, they seem feasible workarounds.
bunglegrind is offline   Reply With Quote