Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 07-07-2023, 12:24 AM   #1
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Help...chg. Content Server Book Details Displayed

There are 3 different ways to access book details displayed in Calibre that don't necessarily affect the same thing.

I know somehow I found the one that affected what's displayed when via the content server. However, I can't find it now!

So, specifically, how do I access via the Calibre program which metadata fields will display when viewing a book via the content server?

I need to add my Last Modified field to this view.. It's checked off in the 3 locations I mentioned, but it doesn't show on the content server book details.
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 01:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC, the content server uses the same setting as the rest of calibre for what fields to display in book details, aka Preferences->Look & feel->book details.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2023, 12:58 PM   #3
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
IIRC, the content server uses the same setting as the rest of calibre for what fields to display in book details, aka Preferences->Look & feel->book details.
@KovidGoyal,

It's not working for me.
Modified Date:
This is checked off in book details to display Prefs/Look/Bk Details.... as well as the menu via the Configure option bottom right on a details pop-up window.

It does display in the software book details at right.
It does display in the book details pop-up.
It does display in the book details pop-up that can be applied as a link to a tag (although this pop-up isn't quite the same as the customized details or 2nd detals pop-up which has its own configure).

It is NOT displaying in the content server details feed. Example:
Software Book details wdw at right:

Published: 2023 Jul 01
Modified: 2023 Jul 08
Size: 1.45 MB
Count:Authors: 4

Server:
Published: 2023 Jul 01
Size: 1.4 MB
Count:Authors: 4,

At first I thought maybe it wouldn't show if there wasn't an actual format attached, but it doesn't show on those entries either.
Everything else shows.

Of note, I use the Custom List to display book upon signing-in to the library. I use the modified date there, and it shows with no problem. However, I need it to also show in the details.

Last edited by jecilop; 07-08-2023 at 01:03 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-08-2023, 01:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@jeclipop
The content server shows exactly (same order) what is in the Details pane in Calibre.

Did you restart Calibre after making changes in Preferences?
[windows 10 pro]
My Selected custom fields show fine
(last_modified is one of them)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 02:57 PM   #5
jecilop
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
@jeclipop
The content server shows exactly (same order) what is in the Details pane in Calibre.

Did you restart Calibre after making changes in Preferences?
[windows 10 pro]
My Selected custom fields show fine
(last_modified is one of them)
Yes, I have..and still nothing.

UPDATE: I've updated Calibre...done a full system restart....problem still persists...
Remember, my custom display list is fine. That's independent of the book details. But this Modified Date is not showing on the server book details...
I'm baffled.

Even Odder: Choosing the Show All Metadata option while viewing book details is NOT showing the field either!

I also notice that "Show All Metadata" on the content server (currently accessed with a limited Read Only style user ID) shows all fields including those not checked off to be displayed in Book Details. Still, it's not showing Last Modified Date.

I've even turned on other existing fields to show, and they do. Still, this does not. So very strange..

Last edited by jecilop; 07-08-2023 at 04:10 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Advert
Old 07-08-2023, 06:21 PM   #6
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecilop View Post
Yes, I have..and still nothing.

UPDATE: I've updated Calibre...done a full system restart....problem still persists...
Remember, my custom display list is fine. That's independent of the book details. But this Modified Date is not showing on the server book details...
I'm baffled.

Even Odder: Choosing the Show All Metadata option while viewing book details is NOT showing the field either!

I also notice that "Show All Metadata" on the content server (currently accessed with a limited Read Only style user ID) shows all fields including those not checked off to be displayed in Book Details. Still, it's not showing Last Modified Date.

I've even turned on other existing fields to show, and they do. Still, this does not. So very strange..
Did you see this setting?

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2023-07-08, 19_03_29.png
Views:	97
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	202532Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2023-07-08, 19_03_12.png
Views:	91
Size:	465.9 KB
ID:	202533

By setting the default book list mode to custom and adjusting the template, I was able to have the last_modified date show up in a search listing:

Name:	MWSnap 2023-07-08, 19_18_24.png
Views:	94
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	202534

However, upon clicking the title, Modified won't show, indeed:

Name:	MWSnap 2023-07-08, 19_19_23.png
Views:	83
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	202535

Last edited by Comfy.n; 07-08-2023 at 06:29 PM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 06:44 PM   #7
jecilop
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Did you see this setting?

Attachment 202532Attachment 202533

By setting the default book list mode to custom and adjusting the template, I was able to have the last_modified date show up in a search listing:

Attachment 202534

However, upon clicking the title, Modified won't show, indeed:

Attachment 202535
Exactly the same problem. As described, my custom list displayed initially has it. I've even customized my description of that date still using {last-modified}.

It's the actual details page like your picture that you go to for reading and expanded info that isn't showing the modified date. I can show the created date {timestamp} if I want. I can show the published date. What won't show is {last_modified}.

I do know while on the webpage of the content server, you have either "Show all metadata" which seems to override your book details from Prefs/Look/BkDetails..., or there is "Show Important Metadata". The latter gets back to the fields I want INCLUDING custom fields, but it still doesn't show the {last_modified}. Since it shows the other custom fields as checked in the book details view in the software, I can't see this being the problem.

Last edited by jecilop; 07-08-2023 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-09-2023, 12:33 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
last_modified is probably hard coded as ignored. Since its really for internal calibre use. It's semantics dont really match what a user would think last_modified means.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 11:49 PM   #9
jecilop
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
last_modified is probably hard coded as ignored. Since its really for internal calibre use. It's semantics dont really match what a user would think last_modified means.
Well, I have the date on the Custom List with no problems. It's there as important quick info. The modified date accurately conveys how I use this particular library with others so that when changes are made (even if it's just a tag update), thy can compare to their info if needed.
My custom list details are nice, but it's helpful to have it all in one place in the details. It shows in the details window in the software. Just seems odd it's the only thing not showing up on the server.

Remember, your awesome software is used by many and perhaps in ways you may not have imagined info could convey.