Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2022, 06:04 AM   #196
Artemide
Enthusiast
Artemide began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Pocketbook Basic Lux 3
I'm using it successful from about 2 mounths, just another question: is there a way to choose destination folder? Ebooks are sent to root folder, and I've not found how to set it in Calibre
Artemide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 12:43 PM   #197
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemide View Post
I'm using it successful from about 2 mounths, just another question: is there a way to choose destination folder? Ebooks are sent to root folder, and I've not found how to set it in Calibre
I can't remember the exact place to go, but with the Kobo "connected", click on the dropdown arrow beside the device icon in the Calibre toolbar, and select options/preferences. The option is in there.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2022, 03:45 PM   #198
Artemide
Enthusiast

Hi Sherman, the setting that you mean doesn't works for wifi connection, probably it's intended for usb cable connection (menu device --> device settings --> file format).
When I use it with usb cable it works fine.
Old 11-17-2022, 04:09 PM   #199
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemide View Post
Hi Sherman, the setting that you mean doesn't works for wifi connection, probably it's intended for usb cable connection (menu device --> device settings --> file format).
When I use it with usb cable it works fine.
You have to do it when the Kobo is connected via Kobo UNCaGED. Unless I'm mis-remembering..,
Old 11-17-2022, 05:03 PM   #200
Artemide
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
You have to do it when the Kobo is connected via Kobo UNCaGED. Unless I'm mis-remembering..,
Yes, when device is connected via WiFi on that menu it appears the string used previously for set USB cable connection, and it's exactly what I want, but ebooks are saved on root directory
Advert
Old 11-17-2022, 05:18 PM   #201
sherman
Guru

Hmm, it should work. I'll double check this evening or tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:38 AM   #202
sherman
Guru

Ok, so connect your Kobo to calibre using Kobo UNCaGED (KU). Once the ereader is connected, in Calibre, choose Device > Configre... and set the save template. Also ensure the "Use sub-folders" checkbox is ticked.

You will need to restart Calibre for the change to take affect, this will disconnect KU. Simply start KU again once Calibre has been restarted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre-UC-Configure.png
Views:	166
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	197843  
Old 11-18-2022, 05:19 AM   #203
Artemide
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Ok, so connect your Kobo to calibre using Kobo UNCaGED (KU). Once the ereader is connected, in Calibre, choose Device > Configre... and set the save template. Also ensure the "Use sub-folders" checkbox is ticked.

You will need to restart Calibre for the change to take affect, this will disconnect KU. Simply start KU again once Calibre has been restarted.
Ok, thank you a lot, this step were missing.
Old 02-23-2023, 11:30 PM   #204
camifran
camifran began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Sage
Hi! Awesome software, use it all the time. I think I’ve run into a bug though. Nearly every book gets into the same series, even if they don’t have one. I perused the github issues and saw this had been fixed previously, but i have the last version 0.55 on the kobo sage (latest firmware) and it’s still happening. Thank you so much for your work and help.
camifran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 03:39 AM   #205
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by camifran View Post
Hi! Awesome software, use it all the time. I think I’ve run into a bug though. Nearly every book gets into the same series, even if they don’t have one. I perused the github issues and saw this had been fixed previously, but i have the last version 0.55 on the kobo sage (latest firmware) and it’s still happening. Thank you so much for your work and help.
Honestly, it happens to me too, and I've never been able to figure it out (not that I've looked too hard mind you).
Old 04-06-2023, 12:16 PM   #206
Wasgo
Connoisseur
Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi
Is it possible to change where it appears in NickelMenu? It always appears at the bottom which hurts my need to alphabetized my menu.
Wasgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:00 PM   #207
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasgo View Post
Is it possible to change where it appears in NickelMenu? It always appears at the bottom which hurts my need to alphabetized my menu.
Resort your menu items. NickelMenu displays them in the order that they are in the config file. If you have multiple config files, it seems to sort by filename and then internal order. If Kobo-UNCaGED has it's own NM config file, merge it into the main NM config file and place it where you like. You can then either delete or comment out the content of Kobo-UNCaGED NM config file.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 06:10 PM   #208
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, config files are parsed in simple alphabetical order.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 01:36 PM   #209
binarymelon
binarymelon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Is it possible to use this to copy your DRM'd titles to Calibre from your device?
binarymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 08:42 PM   #210
h_nara
h_nara began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
After installing Kobo Uncaged, my Kobo Libra 2 are now in 'dark mode' regardless of the settings. Any ideas? I tried to see if anyone else experienced this before but didn't find anything.
h_nara is offline   Reply With Quote