Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-22-2022, 10:13 PM   #181
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Thanks for this. It works great on Libra 2. This is better than usb connection as ejecting the device via calibre does not mess up my nanoclock
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:49 PM   #182
bearymore
Zealot
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
I installed version 5.5 on my Sage, under firmware 4.31 and everything worked fine. It showed the option screen, connected to Calibre, and showed thumbnails for books. I upgraded to 4.32 and now, I get the options screen, then the next screen which shows that it connected to Calibre, but under that a blank screen -- no books! While I patched 4.32, I used the same patches in 4.31 and everything worked. My Calibre is version 5.41. Any clues?
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2022, 12:37 AM   #183
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearymore View Post
I installed version 5.5 on my Sage, under firmware 4.31 and everything worked fine. It showed the option screen, connected to Calibre, and showed thumbnails for books. I upgraded to 4.32 and now, I get the options screen, then the next screen which shows that it connected to Calibre, but under that a blank screen -- no books! While I patched 4.32, I used the same patches in 4.31 and everything worked. My Calibre is version 5.41. Any clues?
That's odd, I've used KU off and on across different firmware and devices, never has the Kobo reader displayed anything other than "subtitle column" with a blank field (which I can't edit), "connected" and a "disconnect" button.

I've *always* had to manage my books from Calibre, and then eject when done. KU then goes through the steps to make the Kobo process the added books.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 02:20 AM   #184
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
with a blank field (which I can't edit)
This is a dropdown box that gets activated once connected to Calibre. It lists the columns available to use for the subtitle field, and you can select a column.

I implemented it this way so the user didn't have to type the column names in themselves, but it doesn't know the columns ahead of time, hence the delay in activating.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:56 PM   #185
jesson345
Enthusiast
jesson345 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Cant see any book in calibre library.

I installed Kobo-UNCaGED and NickelDBus correctly,and louched UNCaGED,calibre wireless device successful,everything looks good。

But I cant check the option,I cant see any book from the server,where am I doing wrong?

Thanks for help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	168
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	193959

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	155
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	193960
jesson345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2022, 12:16 AM   #186
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You cannot list books from calibre on your Kobo. It works a lot like physically plugging in your Kobo. Once on that connected screen, it will show as a connected device in Calibre. Select the books you want to send in Calibre, and choose 'Send to device'.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:21 AM   #187
jesson345
Enthusiast
jesson345 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
You cannot list books from calibre on your Kobo. It works a lot like physically plugging in your Kobo. Once on that connected screen, it will show as a connected device in Calibre. Select the books you want to send in Calibre, and choose 'Send to device'.
THX!I understand.
jesson345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:00 AM   #188
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
Once connected via Kobo UNCaGED, should things like Kobo Utilities work? I'm wondering if there is a way to get things like reading progress to sync... nothing seems to work so far.
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 02:06 PM   #189
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Nope. The Kobo driver (and utilities) assume file based access to the Kobo storage. This is not what is provided by the calibre wireless protocol / Kobo UNCaGED.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 02:07 PM   #190
Artemide
Enthusiast
Artemide began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Pocketbook Basic Lux 3
Install patch and UNCaGED, which order? (Libra 2)

I'm reading various guides on the forum and I've found very interesting Ku utility.
Reading installation guide, I'm a bit confused because NickelMenu is a file named "KoboRoot.tgz". So my questions are:
1) if I want patch the firmware, which order should I follow? Or I should choose between to patch and KU?
2) NickelMenu and NickelDBus are related to nickel.yaml and libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml?

Thank you in advance.
Artemide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 02:42 PM   #191
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
It shouldn’t matter which way you do it. The name of the install file is just a means to make the kobo unpack and place the files in the zip properly. If you knew what you were doing you could actually combine the two and do it as one file
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 02:45 PM   #192
sherman
Guru

Patches are independent of other software like KU and NickelMenu. You can safely use them all together.

As to your questions:
1. I would probably patch first, and test it out to make sure everything works how you like it.
2. No, they have nothing to do with those files
Old 09-06-2022, 04:08 PM   #193
Artemide
Enthusiast

Many thanks for the clarifications
Old 09-06-2022, 10:12 PM   #194
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just remember copy one and only one koboroot.tgz over at a time. After each one disconnect the Kobo, and let the device reboot.

After the reboot copy the next one to the device and eject...

The Kobo software on the device looks for the presence of a koboroot.tgz on device disconnect and uses that as a flag to start installing it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 01:21 PM   #195
Artemide
Enthusiast

With this 3 posts now I have a complete guide