Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-22-2019, 01:06 PM   #76
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Maybe you do not appreciate my feedback, but I appreciate yours. It is good that I got confirmed that, as it is, Plato will not run on my device, because I am running KSM 08, and I will keep it this way because there is no good reason to change it.
Feedback is always relevant, but you seem confused about your expectations. Plato can work on your device if you want, but you need a workaround to make it work on KSM8 because you refused to update the program that launchs the software you want.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:38 PM   #77
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Thanks. Both are unacceptable to me. I am not removing my working KSM to replace it with something that works very differently (wifi should boot up by default???!!! where are the instructions to turn that off???!!!) or may not work at all (look at the feedback in the thread).
Well, we all can do whatever we want, but this won't change the way world works.

Software needs to be programmed to do new things.

KSM needs to know Plato to work with Plato. That's why you need latest KSM, not because someone is cruel and wants to force problems on unsuspecting innocent users.

It is very simple choice: If you want Plato, you need to have launcher that works with Plato. That's it. You can't work with Plato without launcher which recognizes it.

You can use whatever launcher, but just one at the time.

It is up to you, you choose what you want.

And no, KSM 9 doesn't have that much problems (I personally don't have any problem with it, it just works), thing is, new devices needs to be recognized with each software (that includes KSM, just like KSM needs to know new software to work with it). And as author of KSM doesn't own each hardware device, he needs help from users. You obviously can't distinct between having problems with something and solving problems. Sorry, can't help with that.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2019, 05:11 AM   #78
Edemen
Enthusiast
Edemen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Hello.
I have Kobo Clara HD in the cover with automatic sleep function, but in the original software I have this feature turned off.
However, when I use Koreader, the cover puts the reader to sleep.
Can it be turned off so that the equipment does not fall asleep?
Edemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:51 PM   #79
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Edemen: IIRC, not right now. (Take that with a grain of salt, I've never used a Sleep Cover).

That should be relatively trivial to implement for someone interested, though. Feel free to open a FR on GitHub .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:53 PM   #80
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
I think this is already implemented, but I didn't tested it though and also can't tell if it still works (and koreader version also must not be too old):

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaltby
After KOReader has been started and the settings files created:
you can set ["ignore_power_sleepcover"] = true in settings.reader.lua

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...22&postcount=2
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-299897890
Just to add, I advise before any manual action on settings.reader.lua to make backup of it (in case of wrong syntax koreader deletes it and creates new, default one).

Also, correct syntax for this would be:

["ignore_power_sleepcover"] = true,

notice comma at the end, it is essential.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2019, 07:37 PM   #81
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good point, I'd forgotten about that one, thanks .

Really should add a GUI entry for that one, the autosuspend delay, and move all of 'em with the low battery warning to a power management submenu somewhere...
Old 03-19-2019, 11:49 AM   #82
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Good point, I'd forgotten about that one, thanks .

Really should add a GUI entry for that one, the autosuspend delay, and move all of 'em with the low battery warning to a power management submenu somewhere...
Yup, please fix https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/4179
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:57 PM   #83
bloodshed
bloodshed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
How unistall this KOReader and KFMon. I founded only this KFMon-Uninstaller.zip
bloodshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:53 PM   #84
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bloodshed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
If you want to uninstall KOReader or Plato, it's as simple as wiping the relevant folder under .adds (which basically just saves you storage space. When they're not in use, they're completely inert. The only thing that's active in the background is KFMon, and it should only be taking up a whopping couple MB of RAM at worse, other than that, it's basically sitting pretty until something happens to one of the files it's looking over, and the task of doing the watching is relegated to the kernel, so it is in fact literally doing nothing ^^).
Speaking of KFMon, there's an uninstaller package available in the KFMon thread (whose link can be found in the first post).
You found the uninstaller mentioned here, so, that's it.

EDIT: I just updated the scripts to handle it .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-26-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #85
taki
taki began at the beginning.

Device: none
So using the latest version of the koreader and kmon files offered here in the first post, and trying both manually and with the Mac script, I get everything installed on my Clara, I disconnect the Kobo from the computer, it shows briefly a dark screen with a bar processing new additions, shows my home screen, after a few moments it reboots, shows the restarting in several languages, suuuuper-briefly flashes the message "kfmon successifully initialized!" and then goes straight into Nickel. If I reboot, straight to Nickel every time. I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling. Same set of things I described here each time. Am I doing something that is obviously wrong? One thing I notice is that if I compare all the files in the archive with the files in the kobo after the installs, KoboRoot.tgz does not appear in .kobo folder. Perhaps it is supposed to self-delete, but no matter how often I put it back in there (again, either manually or with script), it isn't there after a reboot.
taki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:03 PM   #86
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@taki: Err, that's because that's exactly what's supposed to happen?

Nothing here is designed to bypass Nickel, quite the contrary.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #87
taki
taki began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wow, I apologize for my idiocy in not reading step 5 of the initial post. I used a version of koreader last year and however I had it set up offered me a menu on boot up to choose Koreader, Plato or Nickel. Sorry to waste your time.
taki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:28 AM   #88
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
I have the march version of koreader installed with the 1 click package, but just noticed there is an update for koreader out.
So how does updating koreader go?
As i tried the ota from koreader interface update and im getting an error "failed to update koreader" . I was wary to press "retry" so it "retries the update process with a full download" as im not sure if it would mess up things for me, such as progress and or already finished files. Or is that the correct way to do it, by pressing retry after the initial fail, or some other procedure is needed?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:31 AM   #89
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm not sure why it would fail, but except for the size of the download that makes no difference.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:56 AM   #90
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I'm not sure why it would fail, but except for the size of the download that makes no difference.
Cant say either, but with retry and full package the update just went through for me.

Edit:
While were at it, just saw that kfmon also got updated recently, how does updating that go ?

Edit2:
On second thought, could the ota update fail because i had listmenu.lua modified for bigger cover sizes?

Last edited by ReaLx3m; 04-10-2019 at 07:08 AM.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato