Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-14-2020, 09:28 PM   #1
GrandOakTree
GrandOakTree began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10
Exclamation When clicking on author name it links to a GoodReads profile.

I'm on windows 10 using Calibre 4.11.2 64 bit.

This is especially problematic since my own e-books, written by me, links to some other author's profile who is not me. I cannot tell if this is in the metadata--meaning I will have to go through my e-books and change this, taking them off the store and re-uploading the corrected versions.

Any advice?
GrandOakTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:31 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Right-click "Authors" in the tag browser, click "Manage authors," and start looking for any URLs in links column. Remove or replace as needed.

As well:
Preferences > Look and Feel > Book Details > Clicking on author name should: (options here). Personally I like to use "Search for the author in your Calibre library."

I'm not sure where to check for the URLs in the book's metadata though. Somebody else can help with this.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2020, 09:34 PM   #3
GrandOakTree

I just discovered this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254141

Following this, I was able to disable this feature. Thankfully it isn't part of the metadata. I was really stressing because the author it linked to had published a lot of political and fringe work that I do not want to be associated with--at all.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:36 PM   #4
GrandOakTree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Right-click "Authors" in the tag browser, click "Manage authors," and start looking for any URLs in links column. Remove or replace as needed.

As well:
Preferences > Look and Feel > Book Details > Clicking on author name should: (options here). Personally I like to use "Search for the author in your Calibre library."

I'm not sure where to check for the URLs in the book's metadata though. Somebody else can help with this.
Thank you, this is perfect.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:37 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Once again, finish the thread before posting...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2020, 09:37 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What happens when you click on an author is configurable. It is in the preferences, "Look & feel" and then the "Book details" tab. The option is "Clicking on author names should:".

Edit: Beaten several times!
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:52 AM   #7
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Edit: Beaten several times!

Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote