Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
angharad09
Enthusiast
angharad09 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How can I stop Calibre from rasterizing the first page

I have an epub file edited in Sigil with (as far as I can tell) the toc.ncx and content.opf files set up correctly. When I convert it in Calibre (to epub and mobi), the first page either disappears from the navigation bar, or it's there but nothing happens when you click on it.

I tried the "debug" option and looked at the "input" folder, and I can see "caliber_raster_cover.jpg," which contains the content of that first page, and sure enough the first page has disappeared from the spine.

How do I stop this from happening? I have de-selected everything I can see in the Calibre conversion options that might affect it. I have read the "chapter detection/table of contents" tutorial and didn't see anything that seemed to apply.

thanks very much for any suggestions.
Amanda
angharad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Remove the code that identifies that first page as the cover from the guide of your source epub.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
angharad09
Enthusiast
angharad09 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Remove the code that identifies that first page as the cover from the guide of your source epub.
You're the best -- thank you.
Amanda
angharad09 is offline   Reply With Quote