Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2022, 11:14 AM   #1
PetBest
PetBest began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Connecting Kobo ereader to Android phone using USB-C to USB-C cable.

Solved: I wanted to copy downloaded ebooks on my Android phone directly to my Kobo Libra 2 ereader without using a PC/Laptop with Calibre on it. For example when on holiday I do not take a PC or Laptop device with me.

So I bought a cheap USB-C to USB-C "power and datatransfer" cable of 1 meter long for just €1,50 in the local Action shop.

I connected both devices with this cable. On my Android phone I already had installed the "File Manager +" app. Now I could simply copy the ebooks to my Kobo reader. After copying you can use the "Disconnect" function of the App. Then wait till the ebooks are imported and the Kobo home screen is shown.

Done. So easy and comfortable!

I thought it might be usefull to share this with you.
Nothing will go wrong as USB-C to USB-C connections are "smart" to discover which connection mode to use... data transfer or just power charging. Only one of the devices will charge, not both at the same time. Nothing will explode or damage one of the devices.
Note: this is only valid for USB-C to USB-C not per se for other type of connections!

Read more about USB-C here: https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/wha...type-c-phones/

Last edited by PetBest; 07-15-2022 at 11:27 AM.
PetBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 01:41 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Or you can use a USB-C to USB-A socket and then any USB-C, Micro-USB or mini-USB device will see the Android system as a host using the regular cable.

I have such adaptors for mini, micro and USB-C for "USB2Go" mode. Been doing this since Android 6!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert