Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
20Gt
20Gt began at the beginning.

Device: Android
How to link pictures

This file is included in the book but not referred to by any document in the spine. This means that the file will not be viewable on most ebook readers. You should probably remove this file from the book or add a link to it somewhere.

how do i link my pics to the files
20Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Gt View Post
This file is included in the book but not referred to by any document in the spine. This means that the file will not be viewable on most ebook readers. You should probably remove this file from the book or add a link to it somewhere.

how do i link my pics to the files
You place a picture into a page (You view Pages in a Book. Te page may contain text and/or pictures)
First you need to add the Image file to your project if it is nt already present: File New File: <imagefile>
The you place it (as needed):
Use the Insert Image (looks like a picture) Icon
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #3
20Gt

thanks got it, moon-reader doesn't read the style of font colors in this editor is there a way to change the options to hexadecimal. Ive been using Dreamweaver.
also saved my images in a folder called Images, i was startled when they showed up correctly in my book without linking them.

but i do have another problem
"You can also import multiple files into the book at once using File->Import files into book." i cant seem to find where this is located. its not in my upper left drop-down called file.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
thanks got it, moon-reader doesn't read the style of font colors in this editor is there a way to change the options to hexadecimal. Ive been using Dreamweaver.
also saved my images in a folder called Images, i was startled when they showed up correctly in my book without linking them.

"You can also import multiple files into the book at once using File->Import files into book." i cant seem to find where this is located. its not in my upper left drop-down called file.
I believe there was a slight naming change on the menu to reduces confusion.
Calibre moves FAST, which is one reason old posts become stale very fast.
You should be able to multi-select files once the file dialog opens.
maybe I am doing it wrong (trying the old Sigil way)
Lets wait for the next release and see what surprises Kovid sends us
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
What version of calibre are you using? In v1.17, File - Import Files into book is prominently displayed as the 2nd item on the File menu
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #6
20Gt

where do i find the ver. its not in help
Old 01-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #7
20Gt