Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-10-2024, 09:39 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quoath seems to get it
Just because YOU can code it and SOME devices support it, does not make it a good plan for books intended for distribution.

I have had 3 brands of (e-ink)devices since I started (and joined MR). Every one has quirks. They are not the same Quirks.

Most of the quirk work around's do not cause problems on other devices and can be used with ease.
I got e-ink because of 2 things. 1)long battery runtime. 2) allowsreading in the sun. When I want/need color or animation, I use a device that supports those (and keep the charger handy).

The code is not elegant. It is not flashy. But it gets the job done and it works on a lot of devices.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 12:04 PM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Just because YOU can code it and SOME devices support it, does not make it a good plan for books intended for distribution.
Which is worse? That or having your Calibre Library ebooks via NAS/Samba/Cloud/Win Server etc and no backup?

A rhetorical question.

And as for quirky Android epub apps? Some even quite popular and actually rubbish,

I also check that ebooks can still be read with a default font. Even some Android apps don't let user pic a font, add a font or use embedded. Likely a disaster for text not Latin-Roman based.

Last edited by Quoth; 05-10-2024 at 12:07 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote