Notices

Old 09-06-2023, 07:44 AM   #76
vanessabluellie
vanessabluellie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlefere View Post
@Leonatus @mimicxz @vanessabluellie

Thanks for all your feedback. We've tried to fix the errors based on the information you provided. Please download the updated version for testing, and feel free to provide further feedback.
Thank you so much for your fast reply and all your hard work! The error has been fixed and all epubs from both programs now work perfectly in your plugin!!!! Super amazing, thank you again!!! <3
vanessabluellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 11:10 AM   #77
kindlefere
Enthusiast
kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
@Leonatus

The translation is saved instantly as you're translating. If an error occurs, you can reopen the ebook with the same output language, and it will load the cached translation, allowing you to continue the translation from where you left off. Overall, the cache feature will take care of everything for you unless you disable it in the settings.
kindlefere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 11:30 AM   #78
kindlefere
Enthusiast
kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Comfy.n

Thank you for providing feedback with details.

According to the error details you've provided, it appears that the plugin sent a malformed request. However, I can't confirm the cause until I have more information. Did the error occur right at the start of the translation, or did it happen during the translation process?

The geometry of the window that you changed should indeed be saved. We will fix this issue in the next version.
Old 09-06-2023, 12:52 PM   #79
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Did the error occur right at the start of the translation, or did it happen during the translation process?
that was in the Test Translation Engine dialog
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 01:39 PM   #80
kindlefere
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
that was in the Test Translation Engine dialog
What source language and target language did you specify?

UPDATE: I've noticed an issue with language variants like EN-US and PT-BR that DeepL (Free) doesn't seem to recognize as well as DeepL's official API does. Please download the updated version to test and see if it can be resolved.

Last edited by kindlefere; 09-09-2023 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2023, 04:07 PM   #81
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:

UPDATE: I've noticed an issue with language variants like EN-US and PT-BR that DeepL (Free) doesn't seem to recognize as well as DeepL's official API does. Here's a revised version for you to test and see if it can be resolved.
Oh, thank you, that's wahr I'm especially interested in!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 04:18 PM   #82
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

UPDATE: I've noticed an issue with language variants like EN-US and PT-BR that DeepL (Free) doesn't seem to recognize as well as DeepL's official API does. Here's a revised version for you to test and see if it can be resolved.
Yes, this is with auto -> pt-br. I've tried setting en -> pt-br or en -> pt-pt in that same test dialog, but i get the same http error 400. Thank you!

Spoiler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.components.engin e", line 66, in translate_text
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.deep l", line 125, in translate
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.base ", line 181, in get_result
Exception: Can not parse returned response. Raw data:
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.base ", line 171, in get_result
File "mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 257, in open
File "mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 313, in _mech_open
mechanize._response.get_seek_wrapper_class.<locals >.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 400:
Old 09-07-2023, 01:10 AM   #83
kindlefere
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Yes, this is with auto -> pt-br. I've tried setting en -> pt-br or en -> pt-pt in that same test dialog, but i get the same http error 400. Thank you!

Spoiler:
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.components.engin e", line 66, in translate_text
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.deep l", line 125, in translate
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.base ", line 181, in get_result
Exception: Can not parse returned response. Raw data:
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.base ", line 171, in get_result
mechanize._response.get_seek_wrapper_class.<locals >.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 400:
Have you restarted Calibre to test the plugin after loading the file downloaded above?
Old 09-07-2023, 03:10 AM   #84
Comfy.n

Quote:
Have you restarted Calibre to test the plugin after loading the file downloaded above?
oh well, sorry about that.

for some reason, I had probably loaded a different plugin file, named ebook-translator_20230905155417.zip. Now I see that using the correct test file - ebook-translator_20230906191217.zip, the issue is resolved!

Thank you!

The language pairs I mentioned are now working with this latest test version (Deepl free).
Old 09-07-2023, 03:49 AM   #85
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@Leonatus

The translation is saved instantly as you're translating. If an error occurs, you can reopen the ebook with the same output language, and it will load the cached translation, allowing you to continue the translation from where you left off. Overall, the cache feature will take care of everything for you unless you disable it in the settings.
It is outworn now, as the issue is fixed, but when I reported it, there was no place where the partial translation could be opened. Especially, there had no ebook with the target language been created.
Only to your information.
Old 09-07-2023, 05:00 AM   #86
kindlefere
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
It is outworn now, as the issue is fixed, but when I reported it, there was no place where the partial translation could be opened. Especially, there had no ebook with the target language been created.
Only to your information.
My previous explanation wasn't very clear. You're absolutely right; no ebook is created when an error occurs. However, all translations are stored in the cache, which you can access through the Cache Manager.

For instance, if you're translating an ebook named "A.epub" into English and you've already completed 100 paragraphs, but suddenly encounter an error that interrupts the translation process. If you then decide to restart the translation of "A.epub" with the same target language "English," the plugin will load all cached translations and continue from paragraph 101.
Old 09-08-2023, 05:43 AM   #87
Leonatus
Wizard

Thank you for the clarification! When the issue occured, it occured repeatedly at the same place, so that there was no continuation of the translation.

but now, I'm super satisfied!
Old 09-30-2023, 12:54 AM   #88
kindlefere
Enthusiast

We've just released Version 2.2.0. In this update, we've mainly added the capability to translate the table of contents within the NCX file.

To make it easier for you to download the latest version, we've set up a dedicated homepage for the plugin at https://translator.bookfere.com that will be generating Rolling Release versions based on each code commit.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:02 PM   #89
Nam Bui
Nam Bui began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Paperwhite 5
Add a border between the original book and the translated book

This plugin is really useful, and I appreciate the developers for creating it. However, when using it, I face some difficulties in quickly distinguishing between the original text and the translated text on e-ink devices based on color (especially on devices with only two colors, black and white). It would be great to have a border between the original text and the translated text (like a rectangular frame around the translated text). Alternatively, splitting the book page into two sides (left for the original text and right for the translated text) with a dividing line would be helpful. Another suggestion is to provide a quick way to switch between the original and translated text. Once again, thanks to the developers of this plugin, and have a great day, everyone!

An example of a bilingual book has a border in the middle separating the original paragraph from the translated paragraph:

An example of borders is that if we use the method of surrounding translated paragraphs with rectangles, we can customize the borders of those shapes to look beautiful and easily distinguishable from the original paragraph. Translated paragraphs will be added to one of those rectangles depending on your preference:
Nam Bui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 03:09 PM   #90
Jedi
Enthusiast
Jedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Libra 2
Hello, thank you for the plugin.

I am trying to translate a book (Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets) and I got this message.

The translate engine I selected is DeepL (Free) and the engine API error kinda confuses me

Quote:
Original: Pottermore.com
-----------------------------------
Error: Failed to retrieve data from translate engine API.
Can not parse returned response. Raw data:
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.base ", line 185, in get_result
mechanize._response.get_seek_wrapper_class.<locals >.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 429:
==============================
Original: Contents
-----------------------------------
Error: Failed to retrieve data from translate engine API.
Can not parse returned response. Raw data:
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.base ", line 185, in get_result
mechanize._response.get_seek_wrapper_class.<locals >.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 429:
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, translate